title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Support for overread into lead-out with certain drives.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pablogm123
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2012

Support for overread into lead-out with certain drives.

I own a CD writer capable of overreading into lead-out using another well known audio grabber, but using dBpoweramp this drive cannot overread into LO. I have discovered a interesting thing experimenting a little with a CD which has non-null samples in LO zone and CDTool by Truman (an little app which can read any range you desire with C2 pointers plus subchannels):

Let's take as example a CD where last sector in program area is 69000, and lead-out zone starts a LBA 69001.

If that drive accepts in CDTool this: Start sector 69001, end sector 69002, it can overread successfully using dBpoweramp. I mean that read request must starts in LO zone. Lite-On LH-20A1P for example.

However, I have discovered that other drives cannot accept that request and reports LBA out of range, expect if request starts in program area. For example, 68998-69002 is valid, 69001-69001 aren't. These drives cannot overread into LO using dBpoweramp. Hitachi-LG GCE-8526B for example. This drive can overread perfectly using EAC, whereas LH-20A1P cannot.

There are drives which accept both types of requests, real Plextor drives for example.

So that, I think it would be good to add support for overreading using more drives using both types of strategies. If read into LO is unsuccessfully, dBpoweramp could attempt to read last sectors of last track and overread part in a single burst (It seems that EAC does that).
Working...

]]>