title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 filename change when using dCW (String of numbers added to mp3 filename)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rileyrott
    • Jul 2012

mp3 filename change when using dCW (String of numbers added to mp3 filename)

I started having a problem with dCW when burning mp3 data CD's with a filename change on the burned cd. For instance, Roadhouse Blues.mp3 becomes Roadhouse Blues-83620140-53033.mp3 (string of numbers added).

Another example: Roll Away The Stone.mp3 becomes Roll Away The Stone-83757562-22324.mp3.

This just started happening, as I have been using dbPoweramp for many years. What are these numbers and why are they amending the mp3 filename on the burned disc? How do I get dbPoweramp to write JUST the filename on the burned CD?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: mp3 filename change when using dCW (String of numbers added to mp3 filename)

Try creating a new Data CD definition, it will reinitialize all the default namings.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rileyrott
      • Jul 2012

Re: mp3 filename change when using dCW (String of numbers added to mp3 filename)

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try creating a new Data CD definition, it will reinitialize all the default namings.
      Thanks for the quick response.

I created a new Data CD definition, checked Smart Conversion for mp3, and got the same errors in the burned CD mp3 filenames. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Writer >> Create (new profile) >> Select existing >> Edit

what does it say for 'File' by default it is '[artist] - [title]'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rileyrott
          • Jul 2012

File by default is [origfilename]. I only want the mp3 tracks listed by the filename.mp3, not "artist-title". This has worked fine in the past, without the mp3 filename adding the number string..

Comment

• Rileyrott
            • Jul 2012

When I click "Create New CD" then "Data Audio CD" the default is '[artist] - [title]", not when clicking on existing.

So I burned another mp3 data cd, with the "new" profile, changing [artist] - [title] to [origfilename], and I still get the number string in the mp3 filename on the burned disc.
            Last edited by Rileyrott; 07-20-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

I have looked through the code, I cannot tell why this is happening, sorry.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• matt_t
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Feb 2008

I had this issue as well, a couple of years ago: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ght=*post98837

Comment

Working...

]]>