title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot add M4A (ACC) Nero encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctviggen
    • Jul 2012

Cannot add M4A (ACC) Nero encoder

I get the message at the top of this thread:

I've installed the AAC encoder but keep getting a message something else needs to be installed. I already installed the decoder and encoder from AAC codec central. Then went to the site it directed me to and installed the link it was requesting. Still no luck? Picture 4 isn't showing all the files that should be there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Made sure that only the Nero M4A (ACC) was the only one I installed. The files for the encoder are in the same folder as the music converter (that is, in the "encoder" subfolder where the music converter is, c:\program files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpowerAap\encoder\). In dbPoweramp music converter, the option for "m4a Nero (ACC)" is selectable and not greyed out, but I still get the "before installing this encoder..." message and the conversion does not work.

Is there anything else I can check (other than uninstalling and reinstalling for the fourth time)?

Thank you.

Bob
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot add M4A (ACC) Nero encoder

The help file shown after installing the codec, also details one extra component you require from nero.com
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eaglescout1998
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2009

Do you have neroAacEnc.exe installed in \encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)?

Comment

• ctviggen
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
        The help file shown after installing the codec, also details one extra component you require from nero.com
        That worked!

May I ask why this isn't automatically done during installation?

Comment

• eaglescout1998
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2009

I think it was some sort of software licensing issue. Perhaps the developer of the Nero AAC codec objected to the actual encoder being included in the installer package.

Comment

Working...

]]>