title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Suggestions for additional non-standard id3 tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • n0v!ze
    • Jun 2007

Suggestions for additional non-standard id3 tags

I'd like to gather some input on how to include the following information (recommended tag names, pitfalls to avoid) with Id3 v2.3:

- Band Country: to distinguish Killers (FRA) from Killers (US), should this be part of band [sort] name tag or better not?
    - CD Release Year: to distinguish re-releases from the original release (not talking about cover versions here)
    - Release Country: to distinguish US and European releases from Russian re-releases and extended Japanese releases
    - Track Type: to distinguish Instrumental, Acoustic version, Single Edit, Live version etc.
    - Vocals Gender: male/female/mixed/multiple/none etc. so that I can search for Metal songs with female vocals
    - Label Number: not to be confused with UPC/Barcode, this is the Label's ID often to be found on the CD cover on the small strip between front and back cover
    - Gapless: to differentiate between tracks with silence inbetween and live songs or intro / main track titles
    - Net Track Duration: calculated or measured audio track length after trim, i.e. with no silence at the beginning or end included

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
    Last edited by n0v!ze; 07-08-2012, 03:08 PM.
Working...

]]>