title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Different offsets on same disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gbeer7
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2011

Different offsets on same disc

Hi,

Is it an issue if you have a couple of different offsets during a rip ? Here's a perfectTunes log....

The Beatles - Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 61, Pressing Offset +6 [ARv2 CRC CC8C93B2] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 01 - Taxman.flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 0C5227C2] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 02 - Eleanor Rigby.flac
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 65BF2216] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 03 - I'm Only Sleeping.flac
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 43D84D4C] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 04 - Love You To.flac
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B3D58CC2] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 05 - Here, There and Everywhere.flac
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +6 [ARv2 CRC 629D6899] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 06 - Yellow Submarine.flac
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 7043362C] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 07 - She Said She Said.flac
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BD6B09E6] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 08 - Good Day Sunshine.flac
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 61, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 3ADB489A] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 09 - And Your Bird Can Sing.flac
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 61, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 5D070E54] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 10 - For No One.flac
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 4F64B3DC] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 11 - Doctor Robert.flac
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC FFAA6EC3] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 12 - I Want to Tell You.flac
    Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B81967FB] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 13 - Got to Get You Into My Life.flac
    Track 14: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 62, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B8B53700] Z:\Beatles, The [2009 Stereo Remaster]\Revolver [2009 Stereo Remaster]\The Beatles - 14 - Tomorrow Never Knows.flac

As you can see all but two have offsets of +6 where the offers are +0. Why would this occur ? Again, is everything ok and nothing to be concerned about ?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Different offsets on same disc

this may be something related to the beta nature of perfecttunes. Do you have the log from your original rip? If not, you could rip this one disk again and look at the log....

Comment

• Gbeer7
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2011

I don't have the original log and as you know my CD's are currently being stored away.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Gbeer7
        I don't have the original log and as you know my CD's are currently being stored away.
        I meant the next time you have access to the CDs. In the meantime, nothing to actually worry about.

Comment

• Gbeer7
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2011

Doesn't sound like anything not to be worried about ......
          "this may be something related to the beta nature of perfecttunes. Do you have the log from your original rip? If not, you could rip this one disk again and look at the log.... "

Not sure why the different offsets. Got it on a couple of other discs. Are these problem discs ?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

highly unlikely....I'd be shocked if this wasn't instead something related to PerfectTunes.

Doesn't sound like anything not to be worried about ......
            "this may be something related to the beta nature of perfecttunes. Do you have the log from your original rip? If not, you could rip this one disk again and look at the log.... "

Not sure why the different offsets. Got it on a couple of other discs. Are these problem discs ?

Comment

• Gbeer7
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2011

Can't see it being anything to do with perfectTunes. Could you run perfectTunes on your copy of revolver in stereo please ?

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Can't see it being anything to do with perfectTunes. Could you run perfectTunes on your copy of revolver in stereo please ?
                can't...away from home. And I disagree, the offset issues are likely a reporting issue with perfecttunes (this is beta after all). But spoon can hopefully chime in on this issue.
                Last edited by garym; 07-07-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Porcus
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2007

As you can see all but two have offsets of +6 where the offers are +0. Why would this occur ?
                  Hard to tell as PerfectTUNES is not ready yet. It might be that it reports only the highest score, and that this CD exists in two pressings each with approximately 60 submissions (but slightly varying over the tracks). It might also be some bug in PerfectTUNES.

It does sometimes happen, though, that a different pressing has only a few tracks with a different offset. Unusual though.

Again, is everything ok and nothing to be concerned about ?
                  PerfectTUNES reports that 61 persons got the same rip, but that the first track is 1/7350th of a second early or late ... would you worry over that?

By the way, you would normally not (except if you are curious) check rips that did verify as Accurate upon ripping.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Porcus
                    PerfectTUNES reports that 61 persons got the same rip, but that the first track is 1/7350th of a second early or late ... would you worry over that?
                    strangely enough, yes he would.

Originally posted by Porcus
                    By the way, you would normally not (except if you are curious) check rips that did verify as Accurate upon ripping.
                    Exactly, and Gbeer7, this is what I've been trying to tell you. When I rip, get accuraterip results OK, I NEVER bother to even look at logs, run perfecttunes, etc. Your self-reported OCD is really getting the best of you here....

Comment

• Gbeer7
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Mar 2011

Yes maybe it is. But to start the album with one offset, then move to another then back to plus 6 offset in the middle then back to 0 concerns me. I've been checking lots of albums. Some Tom petty stuff from his website said two tracks where corrupt, but test conversion is fine.
                      So generally if it's accurate people don't worry about different offsets? Do I need to buy another copy of this album ? Would spoon know about the offset issue ?

What does the offset mean anyhow ?

Could you not run perfectTunes on your copy of revolver, garym please ?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It is how PerfectTunes works, it will verify with the highest confidence for a given track, not disc (so in the example above a few tracks have a higher confidence on a different pressing offset so are used instead of offset 0, the result is still the same).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

So generally if it's accurate people don't worry about different offsets?
                          Correct.

Do I need to buy another copy of this album ?
                          Certainly not.

Could you not run perfectTunes on your copy of revolver, garym please ?
                          As I already mentioned, I'm away from home. And this is silly anyhow. You have rips confirmed by accuraterip. Doesn't get any better.

Comment

• Gbeer7
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Mar 2011

Oh right, thank you spoon. So porcus was right in saying that the highest offset is used? But does a cd not just have a single offset ? Or can the crc number match a different offset on another disc to confirm its accurate? So for my piece of mind, everything is ok and no need to replace the disc?

Comment

• Porcus
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Feb 2007

everything is ok and no need to replace the disc?
                              That's been answered already.

Comment

Working...

]]>