title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Different offsets on same disc

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Different offsets on same disc

I won't speculate on the latter, but it doesn't work as of now, and it isn't supposed to. Don't even try (and again, I think you should stay away from beta software).

Now for the former, namely verifying that the file is not corrupt, there are tools that basically invoke FLAC's verify command. Unless you are already using the foobar2000 media player, then I think the easiest tool for you to use, would be AudioTester, which you find at http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php . For that, you just drag+drop your files into a window.
    Last edited by Porcus; 07-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Would a test conversion not do the same thing ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gbeer7 View Post
    Would a test conversion not do the same thing ?
    I believe that for your purposes converting to TEST CONVERSION will do the same thing (testing whether the files are both not corrupted and can be decoded to play properly).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there much of a differance between the audiotester and Test Conversion ? Must admit, getting in a real state over this stuff. Bit worried i change the offset of DBPA in error or by mistake and this will have messed all my rips up when ripping the CD's in the past. Want to re-copy them, but then i'm sure i won't be satisfied after that. Feels never ending and i'm sure people are fed up to the back teeth of me :(

dBpoweramp Guru

what in the heck did I just tell you above. Why do you ask if you don't believe the answers? TEST CONVERSION will do what you want (confirm that the FLAC files are OK). Your other question about offset, is just in how you setup dbpa with the ripper settings. It would have automatically set your offset I believe. And after that I can't see any way you accidentally changed it. None of this info is helping you I'm afraid. I continue to believe that you should put your music away for at least a year and listen to only internet radio or music services.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

But if i had changed the offset it would have ruined my rips, no ? I know i'm painful, but i am concerned.