title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of quick questions please

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Couple of quick questions please

- If you used DBpoweramp 13 or 14 does it still reference the same Table of Contents when comparing rips ?

- finally the two files below, at the very end they have numbers, letters or just numbers. What is that ? Are they random and if one contains just numbers is that an issue (Like the last one here) ?

Beatles - 13 - Got To Get You Into My Life.flac AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 200) [E2B9B6D8]
    Beatles - 14 - Tomorrow Never Knows.flac AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 200) [08207076]

Do those files look good and perfect ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Couple of quick questions please

If it says Accurate, then it's Accurate. Don't worry about it.

200 people can't be wrong.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What are the numbers in the brackets though ? Does dbpoweramp 13 and 14 reference the same TOC ?

Is there any way accurate rip could be wrong or give false accurate results ? Or does it not matter what type of dbpoweramp your using, 13,14,trail etc it will always give the same result ? (maybe I'm paranoid :( )

Administrator

>rip could be wrong or give false accurate results ?

It uses a 32 bit number (that number in [ brackets ] ), they can hold 4 billion combinations, so the odds of AccurateRip being wrong are one in 4 billion.

R13, R14, they are the same as far as AccurateRip is concerned.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Wow, one in 4 billion! Impressive !! So even for a paranoid nut like me can feel assured all is ok.

So it doesn't matter if that code is all numbers or numbers and letters or just letters ?

What does it mean by 4 billion combinations ? Does it mean my rips have matched exactly to 200 which the chances of that being wrong is one in 4 billion ? What if someone used a hack copy, trial or legit? Would they all look at the same TOC ? Just making sure there are no fake results.
    Sorry, just trying to understand, not be rude.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gbeer7 View Post
    Is there any way accurate rip could be wrong or give false accurate results ?
    I wouldn't really worry about this . . . but it is a possibility. It happened to me once a few years ago.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...17&mode=linear

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon, can you help me understand here ? After reading the link that was posted my worst fears have been realised. Are what they talking about in the post very likely ? So does that mean the numbers after the accurate result could indicate a problem ? Very concerned I might have issues with my Beatles in mono. They were ripped with dbpa 13. I think it was the trial version as it didn't bring up any artwork at the time for the CDs I was ripping.

Also a while ago I posted about getting a result of 2 then 84 on the same disc, my Beatles capital recordings. You said it was fine as it was using crcv1 and crcv2.

I'm confused by this link and very concerned. Please help me understand.

Administrator

Actually AccurateRip does help spot these, basically what is happening, certain CD drives are loosing their accurate stream consistently, ie the offset they rip at changes, only for certain discs and only part way through a rip.

AccurateRip can spot these because all the other tracks might have a confidence rating of 50, and suddenly it becomes 1, or 2, for one track, or the rest of the disc...

I believe such discussions are way beyond the scope of this discussion, AccurateRip has ripped 140 Million discs, of those only a hand full have shown some kind of strangeness, and this is CD drive related not AccurateRip related.

Having different results from the different AccurateRip CRCs being used are not the same as getting a drive which changes whilst ripping, the confidences would have to be split on the disc (ie show 84 for most tracks, then 2 for one or two tracks).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So spoon, remember when I posted the discussion on my capital CDs? You said looking at the logs it used two different crcv. So as it was 84 and couple of tracks were 2, would this suggest a problem or concern?

With regards to my mono CDs, they all had accurate result of 200. Am I sure they are good?

Finally, the varying results of the crcs, does it matter if it's all numbers, letters and numbers or just letters?

Administrator

The CRCs are hexadecimal, that is numbers + letters A to F

I have not seen anything with the results you have posted to suggest any issues.

If you have a Confidence of 200, that is as good as it gets (it clamps at 200), there is zero chance of there being an issue at that confidence.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok spoon, cheers. So if the CDC is just numbers, does that matter?

Finally the post I did a while back about my Beatles capital disc with a few results of 2 and the rest of 84, was that ok or like the issue posted in the link on this thread ?
    If it has a big mixture like 2 and 84 should one be concerned ?

Administrator

All is well (with CRC) and your rip, it is different to the link.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So it doesn't matter if the Crc is just numbers?

The post I put up previously about my capital rips (not the ones at the top of this post, they were my mono rips), with 84 as accurate and a couple of 2, was that ok or the issue that's been describe in the link on this page? Sorry cant seem to find my old post to show you. If it is different, how? Getting confused. Do you remember by any chance ? Thank you spoon.

Administrator

Does not matter.

Why not visit the beta section of this forum and try PerfectTUNES?, there is an AccurateRip checker, have a look at what it says now.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok. On your post previous you said it was referencing a crcv1 and crcv2. Does that mean the 84 and 2 are ok or like the post where it could be a bug?
    Is it an issue with the disc or the drive ? Many thanks spoon.