title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing 2 tracks on CD Ripper but can see them in iTunes

Question Missing 2 tracks on CD Ripper but can see them in iTunes

Slightly confused. There are 31 tracks on my album but only 29 appear in CD Ripper. I've opened the album with Windows Media Player and it too shows only 29, however in iTunes I see all 31. Album has some non audio data (for PC e.g. photos/videos) but CD Ripper sees them. What am I missing?

Administrator

Re: Missing 2 tracks on CD Ripper but can see them in iTunes

Perhaps a non standard audio disc (where data is in the middle of the audio?)

What do you mean 'in the middle'? The missing tracks are the last 2 tracks on the album. The album has 31 tracks, the first 2 being non-audio data (which I believe is video/pics on html?), then there are 27 tracks which can be seen on CD Ripper and then 2 'missing' tracks (track 28 and 29) which can be seen in iTunes. I would have assumed the physical location of the missing track data to be on the outer edge of the CD. I have found a way around it by ripping track 1-27 with CD Ripper (flac) and ripping track 28-29 with iTunes Apple Lossless Encoder and then converting that to FLAC, however I am still interested in finding out why I have this issue.

Administrator

Having 2 data 'tracks' is a non-standard CD, at most there should be only 1 data track at the beginning of the CD (these are typically game CDs with audio behind them), normal CD players would not play such.

I found the problem. Turns out the first two tracks are audio. All the tracks were offset inaccurately by 2 tracks. By using the offset in CD Ripper I was able to get all the tracks.

To add: What I thought were the non-audio data tracks (tracks 1 and 2) were actually the first two tracks. For some reason, the meta data was incorrect. Due to the fact that Windows Media Player 12 also had the same issue with the tracks suggests to me that it is actually the meta data on the cd that is the problem...however Gracenote on iTunes was able to fix the problem but CD Ripper wasn't...