title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Search by "New added CD" possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • senator1962
    • Jan 2012

Search by "New added CD" possible?

Please forgive me - I was not aware that precisely this function is already available under "Playlists" - Sorrx for the confusion caused.
    Thaks, Dirk

Hi,
    I'd like to add an additional search option which would show the new added files or discs (at least 200 or 10 discs respectively). So far I have used a little wordaround by marking each added CD in the column "Year" with 2012 while the original appearance date is added to the title, i.e. YEAR=2012'; ALBUM=Greatest Hits (2004). However, is there an option where Asset identifies the latest added CDs automatically (by file date) and allows an explizit search function such as "New Music"? Can I add this under "Advanced Search"?

So far, I was not able to do this on my own. Are there any (hidden?) functions to implement such a search function? If not, will you consider this as a new feature for the next update? Thanks in advance for your usual prompt response. Thank you.

Regards,
    Dirk
    Last edited by senator1962; 06-26-2012, 06:56 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Search by "New added CD" possible?

As you have found out it is under Playlists >> New Albums
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• senator1962
      • Jan 2012

Spoon, thanks for the prompt response and sorry that I oversaw the function.

However, I do have another issue that requires your help: For the purpose of file tagging, I am using mainly "Tag & Rename 3.6" plus the db poweramp function (straight from within the Explorer and sometimes MP3tag 2.50. What confuses me is "multi-tagging" in the Genre: I have been advised previously to separate different genres by "\\" while the db poweramp tag tool shows ";" for the separation (even if MPĀ§tag shows the "\\") while Tag & Rename seems to handle both but sometimes it does not work...; I have also tried to get more advise from the flac.org website but was not able to find such advise (as a kind of formal default)

To ensure compliance with Asset, what would you recommend? I also understand that *.flac tags are different from MP3 tags but I am not certain whether I understood this correctly. As you may agree, it is confusing if one program shows "\\" as a separator while another program interprets the same with a ";" - However, I'd like to ensure that a have a default that can be used in either program. Do I need to setup each program with a special (default) format? So far, it seems to me that all programs are pretty much written to support the MP3 tags rather than the Ogg Vorbis/FLAC container...

You advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dirk

PS: Perhaps these things would be easier if my given language would be English ISO German

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If mp3tag is \\ and dbpoweramp is ;

actually they are written differently to the flac file, so each is only a standard representation of tags.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• senator1962
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
          If mp3tag is \\ and dbpoweramp is ;

actually they are written differently to the flac file, so each is only a standard representation of tags.
          Thanks for your advice, Regards, Dirk

Comment

Working...

]]>