title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch conversion stalled after 10 hours and 6000 files?

Batch conversion stalled after 10 hours and 6000 files?

Help for a novice please?
    I'm running MusicConverter 14.0.0.6

Woke up this morning hoping to find my entire library batch converted from flac to mp3, with RG (DSP).

The status window is stalled at 74%.
    "Converting File 6044 of 8043 to mp3 (Lame) DSP: RG"
    10 Hours 52 Minutes Elapsed 3 Hours 43 Minutes Remaining.

It may be that the failure happened when I "woke" my monitor. As I started the run at about when I went to bed and woke the monitor about 11 hours later.
    The elapsed time does seem to still be running.

Any ideas or tips? Must I ctrl-alt-delete and start over?
    Is this just too big a library to expect to do it all at once?
    Carl
    Last edited by vintageveloce; 06-22-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Re: Batch conversion stalled after 10 hours and 6000 files?

Well... I just tried to pause and or cancel the conversion and that doesn't work either. Guess I'll kill the process and try to arrange it to pick up where it left off.

Hmm... well that didn't work. Seems the batch music converter won't run at all anymore. I rebooted a couple times and just upgraded to 14.2. Still no go. Noticing Windows update is notifying me, will run that, and I think I'm going to blame it for the moment. Maybe some strange conflict there. I also run Asset in the background, maybe I'll try stopping that. Will report back. Let me know if anyone has any ideas or tips.

Still stuck. Many reboots. Uninstalled dbpoweramp. Cleaned system and registry with ccleaner. Reinstalled. Looked like it was working for a moment and then the conversion stalled. Now it won't even start a conversion and hangs on "Examining Source and Overwrite Check".
    After I cancel out, I notice that the MusicConverter.exe process is still running in the background. It's not using any resources but hasn't stopped. And I cannot end the process without rebooting the computer.
    What happened, it was working great for a long time until last night... help please? Some debug tips? Is there a log somewhere I can check?
    Last edited by vintageveloce; 06-22-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Well... way too much time into this problem and it seems that my music hard drive is failing. dskchk won't complete and so I ran the seagate utility and it's saying bad sectors. The big clue was when I found flac files I couldn't even copy off of the drive, let alone convert!
    Luckily I do back things up, but it will be a drag recovering anyhow. sigh.
    Best wishes,
    Carl