title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PC won't pass flac audio files via upnp dlna

PC won't pass flac audio files via upnp dlna

Hello,
    I need a recommendation as to which of the Asset products will allow my Windows 7 PC to pass 24/192 FLAC audio files to my Cambridge Stream Magic 6 that is connected via wired Ethernet. Right now the SM6 dislays the playback as 320kbps MP3. Currently I'm also using a trial version of Jriver MC 17.

Appreciate the help!

Administrator

Re: PC won't pass flac audio files via upnp dlna

You need Asset UPnP Server.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don J View Post
    I need a recommendation as to which of the Asset products will allow my Windows 7 PC to pass 24/192 FLAC audio files to my Cambridge Stream Magic 6 that is connected via wired Ethernet. Right now the SM6 dislays the playback as 320kbps MP3. Currently I'm also using a trial version of Jriver MC 17.
    I believe you have to re-configure Jriver MC 17, as it defaults to sending audio as mp3.

I downloaded a trial version of Asset UPnP Server but I can't figure out how to use it. Do you have a guide? The Jriver and Cambridge set-up guides don't seem to get it done. I've also used a great article in Computer Audiophile on the Jriver mc 17 and I'm still stuck. I'm sure that there are many music lovers like myself that are not computer programers. I can't believe how much trouble it is to try and play anything other than MP3 files.
    Thank you for oyour time.
    Don J

Administrator

Once it is installed and running (you can check on the configuration page, it will show the number of tracks it has cataloged), you can then select Asset UPnP: [your computer name] on the player.

If Asset does not appear, then your security software is likely blocking Asset.

THanks, Asset has appeared and is sending 24/192 flac to my StreamMagic 6. However the sound is stuttering and even dropping out. Any advice?

Administrator

Using a wireless network?

Quote Originally Posted by Don J View Post
    THanks, Asset has appeared and is sending 24/192 flac to my StreamMagic 6. However the sound is stuttering and even dropping out. Any advice?
    Don J, are you using more than one PC? I had a similar issue in the early beginning while my "Streaming PC" was connected with cable while I installed my Player software on my notebook that is connected wireless, causing stuttering. Please check that your streamed music does go direct rather than using a loop way....; Regards, Dirk

Thank you,

Yes, I'm using a wireless network and only one pc. To test the player I loaded a song onto a usb memory stick and plugged it into my StreamMagic 6 and the same stuttering and drop-outs occured. I'm contacting Cambridge Audio as this seems to suggest a problem with my player.