title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 / 4.1beta working with ps3 and other sony devices

Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 / 4.1beta working with ps3 and other sony devices

Hello, I just installed Asset Upnp today but I'm unable to get it working with various sony devices, I have sony bravia tv, bluray player and ps3 here.

Things I have tried so far:

adding my whole media library (almost 20k files)
    adding only directory with less than 30 files
    restarting with different settings (local account, service)
    checked windows firewall settings
    checked with task manager that Asset-uPNP.exe is running (2 instances)

Rescanning mediaservices with ps3 doesn't show asset upnp at all..

I have win7 64bit with 16GB of memory

Administrator

Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 / 4.1beta working with ps3 and other sony devices

If Asset is not showing up, your security software is potentially blocking Asset.

Install Asset Control (beta section of this forum) on your PC, see if it can view Asset UPnP server.

Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 / 4.1beta working with ps3 and other sony devices

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If Asset is not showing up, your security software is potentially blocking Asset.
    Install Asset Control (beta section of this forum) on your PC, see if it can view Asset UPnP server.
    I installed Asset Control and it sees the library ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Grue View Post
    I installed Asset Control and it sees the library ok.
    I did some more investigations:
    After restarting windows I can see Asset UPnP on ps3 music media list. When selecting it I just get long delay and dlna protocol error 2104, after that it shows that there is no media available. Reselecting entry just causes this error 2104 again.
    Whatever I do, I get this protocol error 2104, if I restart my ps3, Asset UPnP service doesnt show up anymore until I restart my desktop pc.

I have also tried to disable widows media player sharing service with no effect on this issue.

Administrator

Still suggests something is blocking the listing, do you have a separate PC on which you can install Asset Control and see if it can see Asset on the main PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Still suggests something is blocking the listing, do you have a separate PC on which you can install Asset Control and see if it can see Asset on the main PC?
    Ok, problem was in windows7 firewall settings after all, closer inspection revealed that connection was allowed from "public" network but not from "home/work private" network which my devices are connected to.

Its working now as expected, sorry for the troubles