title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cue-sheets, AcurrateRip & Imgburn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenth
    • Jun 2012

cue-sheets, AcurrateRip & Imgburn

I am trying to back up my cd collection using dbPowerAmp, the cue-sheet utility, and metaflac. However, I seem to be unable to burn perfect copies from the resulting image. Here's a summary my procedure and problem.

I used the cue-sheet utility to create a flac image + cue sheet & then embedded the cuesheet using the metaflac utility. dbPowerAmp reports "accuraterip ok" on the original and all is good.

I dbl click on the cue file (or flac with embedded cuesheet with identical results) & imgburn burns a cd, with cd-text.

When I re-rip the copy with dbPowerAmp, I get the "accuraterip ok" (though with different offsets in the log file).

My problem is that EAC and XLD (a mac application) fail their accuraterip test on the copy (while passing the original).

I am assuming that the problem centers around the different offset reported by dbPowerAmp when it re-ripped the copy. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks. Kent
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: cue-sheets, AcurrateRip & Imgburn

You need to set the correct write offset for you drive when writing the disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kenth
      • Jun 2012

Many thanks for the quick response.

I contacted to developer of imgburn and he said there is no option to set "write offset" (or I asked the question incorrectly).

I also tried burning via dbpoweramp writer, but I couldn't get it to recognize the cue-sheet.

Is there a method you might recommend to get a "perfect copy" when using flac+cue sheet (especially embedded cue sheets)?

Thanks again. Kent

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your CD writer induces an offset whilst writing, you need a program which can set the offset at write time, EAC can.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pablogm123
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2012

Hitachi-LG DVD writers (The ones with +667 read offset correction) hasn't write offset, 0 samples. It is another option.

Comment

Working...

]]>