title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Configuring Asset uPnP

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Configuring Asset uPnP

Greetings:

I am a neophyte regarding servers, so excuse a potentially naive question. I am setting up a NAS server for my music. I have selected dbPoweramp to rip the CDs and have installed Asset uPnP on the server to assist with managing the library. In setting this service up on the server, should Asset uPnP be set to start manually, automatically, or automatically (delayed start). Many thanks.

ASF

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Configuring Asset uPnP

The default option which is automatically

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    The default option which is automatically
    Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ASF View Post
    Thanks.
    I reset the service to start automatically. This seems to have helped in that Asset::uPnP now appears immediately with restart of the server. However, the interface with the streamer (either via its front panel of the iPAD app) reveals that the individual tracks are duplicated in every album that I have checked. Any suggestions to help me resolve this new development?

Thanks again

Aaron

Administrator

Do you have FLAC and mp3 files? ie the same files duplicated?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Do you have FLAC and mp3 files? ie the same files duplicated?
    I have WAV and mp3 files, but they are in separate folders. The root folder is called "music" and then under this folder I have two other folders, one entitled "WAV" and the other entitled "mp3". If this is the source of the problem, is there a way to exclude one of the two folders from Asset uPnP's search function?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just checked the configuration settings and the audio library is specified as: "Server folders\music\WAV, so it looks like this issue has been addressed? Might it have something to do with the sort instructions?

Administrator

Sort options would put a sorted item in the sorted and non sorted locations, but it is unlikely this would show tracks side by side...

If you have removed the main music folder, do a full rescan with Asset (refresh all).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No I haven't done anything to change the folder structure on the server. I wish to keep the mp3 folder so that I can continue to rip in both formats, thereby saving time should I wish to copy the mp3 files to my iPOD. I would also note that this behavior only manifested after I changed the startup property of Asset to automatic from manual as it had been previously set.

Administrator

It is likely Asset is scanning the whole music folder, have a look at the configuration program for asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon:

Thanks so much for your ongoing help....I REALLY appreciate it!!

I have been checking in the configuration program to supply the above information. When I do this, I find four major sections there: Audio Library, Browse Tree, Exclude Audio File Types, and General Settings. The pertinent section seems to be "Audio Library". In this section, the audio library is specifically defined as "Server Folders\Music\WAV" which is the folder that contains only the WAV files. The mp3 files are all in a separate folder called "Server Folders\Music\mp3". This would seem to be correct to me...am I mistaken? Might there something else I need to reset?

Thanks again

Administrator

Not this is the right section.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon:

Well I have been working to get this set up properly and have noted the following: Firstly, I wrote earlier about my desire to have Asset start automatically, in lieu of manually, which was the setting I initially encountered. I selected "services" and changed the start parameter to "automatic" which worked fine. However, I later discovered after making this change, the configuration settings for Asset changed from "Local Asset (recommended)" to "Service"; it was in the latter configuration, i.e. as a "service" that it was, indeed, scanning the entire music folder and seeing BOTH the wav and mp3 files, thereby duplicating each track. When I change back to "Local Asset (recommended)", I find that the program appears to only scan the WAV folder and thus create only a single entry for each track. Unfortunately, it continually reverts back to a presumably default start setting of manual, in lieu of automatic, start.

Is there anyway I can configure Asset to function as the recommended "Local Asset" and yet start automatically?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASF View Post
    Spoon:
    Is there anyway I can configure Asset to function as the recommended "Local Asset" and yet start automatically?
    Thanks
    I had the same issue. Go back to Services, open AssetUPnP, and go to the Log On tab. Set it to to your user account. Save and restart the service. The service will now run as the local user.

steve

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Steven:

Thanks so much for your help. Do I need to go to the Asset uPnP configuration application and first set Asset uPnP to a "Service"?