title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Configuring Asset uPnP

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Configuring Asset uPnP

Steve:

I thought I'd give this a go. Under services I found Asset uPnP listed. I right clicked on it, opened "properties", selected the "logon tab" and then entered my user name and password for the server. I then went to Asset uPnP configuration, selected service and restarted Asset uPnP. Unfortunately, after doing this, when I rechecked, Asset uPnP was now "disabled". I had to switch it back to "local asset (recommended)" in order for Asset uPnP to start. Any thoughts about what I may have done wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

Aaron

Aaron

Here's what I did: (I'm on windows 7)
    1. Using Asset Config, set Asset to run as a service. Close the config program.
    2. Change the logon credentials on the Asset service.
    3. Under services, stop and restart the service to pick up the new credentials.
    4. Open Asset Config and it should show running as a service.

Don't set the service to Automatic(Delayed) as it confuses Asset.
    Last edited by steverose; 07-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Steve:

Well this didn't work; when I made the change and tried to restart Asset uPnP, I received an Error Message (Error *1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner). When I then went back to Asset Configuration, the program was listed as disabled. I am pretty sure I used the correct logon credentials for my account on the server. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Aaron

When you open the Service properties for AssetUPnP, there are buttons to start and stop the service. Use those to restart the service. If your credentials are wrong, you'll get an popup error when you manually start the service from services.

The Service has to be set as Automatic for this to work.

You can look in Task Manager to see what user the Asset service is running as.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Steve:

Unfortunately, I am stuck. After changing Asset uPnP to a service via the configuration app, I went to the properties tab and did used the buttons there to turn off the service. I did not get a popup indicating that I had used the wrong credentials. Also the service was displayed as being set up for automatic when I made the logon change. Despite all of these seemingly correct settings, I continue to get the error above (1053).

I noticed that my remote access to the server specifies a user name of "Administrator", rather than my name. I retried the above process using "Administrator" as the account name and my password; this approach generated a popup error (1069) indicating a logon failure.

I'd sure appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.

You're using remote desktop to get to the NAS? I'm running out of ideas. I'll play around with my setup tonight and see if what I can figure out.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes. I am accessing the server via remote desktop. Thanks again for your help.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Steve:

I was talking this problem over with a colleague who supports servers at work. He suggested creating a new account which I did under the name "uPnP". He referred me to the following website to be sure this new account had the requisite properties: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx. Using this approach I was able to get Asset uPnP to allow the new account "uPnP" the logon properties to Asset uPnP as a service. When I restarted Asset uPnP as a service in this configuration, the program is listed as running under ".\uPnP" in lieu of "Local Service". However, in the configuratiion, I am back to the other problem, in that it now picks up ALL of the music tracks on the service, i.e. both the .wav files in the "...Music\wav" folder as well as the .mp3 files in the "...musc\mp3" folder, despite having specified the audio library as "...\music\wav" folder in the advanced settings tab on the Asset uPnP configuration program. Interestingly, when I switched back to "local asset" via the Asset uPnP Configuration application, I the noticed on the service tab (from the start button) that Asset uPnP is still running under ".\uPnP" but with a manual in lieu of automatic start. Any other suggestions?

As always, I appreciate your help.

Aaron

Administrator

It suggests that the configuration and the actual asset are running on separate accounts, make sure you run the configuration program from the same account as the service.

Normally this is not needed, but it sounds like something has locked down the registry so the settings cannot be shared between accounts.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Steve:

You are correct in that I accessed the configuration program while logged in administrator. I logged in under the new account and then accessed the configuration program. I found the with this login, Asset uPnP was listed as "disabled". I selected service and it started right up, but again with the same problem, i.e. capture of ALL music tracks (both wav and mp3). While still logged on in the new "uPnP" account, I changed Asset uPnP to "local service" and then restarted it...the problem persisted.

Aaron

Open AssetUPnP, and into the "Log" tab. Be set to your user account. Save and restart the service. Now, the service will run to the local user.