title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Global Settings For Albumartistsort and Artistsort?

Global Settings For Albumartistsort and Artistsort?

I am a beginner with dbpoweramp and am ripping my CD collection. I like to use first name first for artistsort and albumartistsort. The default is last name first. So I am manually typing in that information for each CD. I have not found a setting to change the default to do what I want it to do. Is there such a setting and, if so, how do I find it? I will appreicate any help you are able to provide.

Administrator

Re: Global Settings For Albumartistsort and Artistsort?

It is not possible to automatically set this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It looks like artistsort is not updated when i review and edit perfectmeta data? Ie perfectmeta found wrong record and put "Wonder, Wayne" in artistsort even though I edited the artist field to contain "Måns Zelmerlöw"?

Also, it looks like the "Style" tag (that presumably came from one of the PerfectMeta sources) is kept for each song from the wrongly-matched record even tough i changed album title, song title, artist, year and genre.
    Since the "style" field is not visible from the review screen I guess i now have several hundred songs with a totally erronous style tag.
    Last edited by smisk; 09-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

BTW suggest to skip writing ArtistSort tag when artist is only one word (contains no spaces or commas)

Administrator

Sort and style tages are available with all providers, so choosing freedb would no overwrite those values.

Having a sort value the same as artist or even a single word has no detriments.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well except if I edit the currently selected artist name (say Muddy Waters) and write something totally different (Gladys Knight & the Pips), the artist sort tag should in my opinion be updated (Knight, Gladys; Pips, the; ). Or can we make a button for this?
    FreeDB was not at fault here, the faulty metadata in this particular case came from GD3 (probably correct metadata for another album but not for this one).
    Last edited by smisk; 09-19-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Administrator

If you change an artist name, you would also have to edit the sort values.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Would be lovely to have this field in the metadata review screen then. In fact it would be lovely if the user could select which fields should show up on this screen.