title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Encoding error?

Question Encoding error?

I get this kind of error messages when trying to rip big files (> 20 minutes):

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'X:\AccurateRippade\Günter Wand\Bruckner; Symphony No. 7\02 Günter Wand - Symphony No. 7 in E major, WAB 107- Adagio. Sehr feierlich und sehr langsam.flac'
    Unable to write to file 'X:\AccurateRippade\Günter Wand\Bruckner; Symphony No. 7\02 Günter Wand - Symphony No. 7 in E major, WAB 107- Adagio. Sehr feierlich und sehr langsam.flac.tmp.flac', disk full? [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    After approx 98 % of encoding

What's the matter? What can I do?

Eric

Administrator

Re: Encoding error?

What is drive X? network drive?

Try ripping to a local drive, such as C

Thanks! I have already found out.

Hi

I am a new member - not sure how I can create a new thread (will appreciate advice on this), so please pardon me for riding on this one.

I have ripped many CDs using dbpoweramp, and played the resulting .wav and FLAC files on softwares like C-play and Foobar2000 without problem. Recently, I started using a media player (KDLinks HD680) as music tranport. It has s/pdif out (coax and optical) which I connect to a DAC.

Strange thing is, there is a loud static noise between every track. This only happens with tracks I ripped with dbpoweramp. For instance, when I play tracks I bought from HDTracks (FLAC files), there is no such problem.

Is this due to a parameter I selected when ripping?

Thanks!

Administrator

It is because there are ID Tags embedded in the wave file, and the KDLinks is not able to decode the wave file as set out by the specification (it is trying to play the id tags as audio).