title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Metadata not always written on individual files when performing batchripping

Metadata not always written on individual files when performing batchripping

Hello

I have performed a ripping batch of about 500 CD's, using a Nimbie robot configured for Accurate Ripping. Ripping format is AIFF.

Trying to execute a batch conversion to also have the files available in MP3 format, it became quickly very obvious that for a lot of CD's individual tracks did not contain metadata.

Thanks a million for JRIVER that enabled me to update the tags from the library, which updated all the erroneous tracks.

However, I would like to understand what did go wrong (or what I did wrong) since I really prefer not to be in this situation again.

Thanks in advance for your support

Dirk

Administrator

Re: Metadata not always written on individual files when performing batchripping

Ripping to a network drive?

Re: Metadata not always written on individual files when performing batchripping

Hi Spoon

Indeed , I have been ripping to a Synology DS1512+ NAS.

Should I not be doing this, and if so why?

Dirk

Administrator

It is likely this is stopping the metadata writing 100% of the time (the NAS stopping access to the file).

Spoon

Sorry to ask but why & when would the NAS prevent access to the file.

This has been for me the first batch ripping job using dbPoweramp.
    Until now I have always been working with the ripping software of GD3 - Encode Center. I have never experienced any problems with writing metadata on a Nas with that software and I have always been ripping (more than 25000 CD's) to a Synology NAS.

I do appreciate all the extra features that dbPoweramp brings, and I definitely would like to continue using your software (suite). But I do wish I would be able to rip directly to a NAS.
    To your knowledge, is there any specific configuration possible/required on a NAS to prevent this kind of problem?

Thanks for your support

Dirk

Administrator

dBpoweramp writes the file, then it is closed, reopened and the tag is written, the tag write failure never happens if writing to the local hdd.