title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitrate query

Re: Bitrate query

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I doubt it. Asset does offer alternatives for control points, try setting to 'as single' then will not get the other options, however it looks like bubbleupnp is doing the transcoding?
    Changing mp3 to "as is single" makes no difference. BubbleUpnP (and also HiFi Cast for Android) still see the four alternatives from QNAP Asset, and is getting a 40kbps version to play. The 40kbps issue is only with 320kbps CBR files.

Note however that everything arriving at BubbleUpNp OR HiFi Cast from QNAP Asset offers four streams, even FLAC files (two FLAC, one each L16 and WAV]. But it is only in the case of those 320kbps CBR files that it mysteriously streams a ~40kbps MP3.

And do note that I just reinstalled Asset on my Windows PC. EVERYTHING on the Android side is the same as on QNAP: 320kbps CBR MP3 stream at ~40kbps, "as is single" has no effect, and every stored FLAC or MP3 file is offered as four streams.
    Last edited by NormB; 12-10-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report.
    Can you please send a sample 320kbps MP3 file from your collection to me ( peter@dbpoweramp.com ) for analysis? I can't seem to recreate this issue with 320kbps MP3 files that I encoded myself. Reported bitrate in bubbleupnp is always what it should be.

Done. Thanks.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the report.
    The problem is resolved in new Asset R7.2 beta-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R7-2-for-Linux

The long explanation:
    UPnP spec requires bitrate to be sent as bytes per second, not bits or kilobits, so 320kbps becomes 40000 bytes/second in UPnP media description.
    Asset originally reported bitrate calculated from file size + duration. If your file was 320kbps and had attached album cover, reported MP3 bitrate slightly exceeded 320kbps (or 40000 bytes/second).
    It seems that BubbleUPnP assumed that reported MP3 bitrate exceeds 40000 bytes/second, the server is broken and puts bits/second value there, resulting in our 40000 bytes/second being treated as 40kbps.
    Asset has been updated no to do this anymore; sends bitrate calculated without the tags which is correctly interpreted by BubbleUPnP.
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-18-2020 at 06:35 AM.