title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Separate Lossless and MP3 streams?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlorde
    • Apr 2009

Separate Lossless and MP3 streams?

I'm currently running Asset on two machines, my WHS NAS is streaming lossless (FLAC) for my hifi, and my PC is streaming mp3 for my mobile devices which can't handle some of the hi-res FLACS.

I'm curious to know if I can do both from a single machine (the WHS), because it's a little awkward running Asset for mp3 on my PC.

I realize Asset can transcode, but I'd rather have a separate hi-res FLAC stream and an mp3 stream.

This isn't an urgent request, because using BubbleUPnP Server and the BubbleUPnP Android app, I can get a transcoded stream to my Android devices, but it's a little restrictive and only works with Android.

Alternatively can Asset run on a Synology Diskstation?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Separate Lossless and MP3 streams?

Yes you can setup the 'Settings Override (Control Point Specific)' section to stream specific streams to specific players (if can be identified through the control point).

See the advanced settings page, and look in the manual how to set this up.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dlorde
      • Apr 2009

Re: Separate Lossless and MP3 streams?

Thanks Spoon. I hadn't noticed that option

I've edited the Settings Override to force mp3 for UPnPlay on Android, and for iPod, and it works like a dream (although, for some reason, I had to put them at the start of the settings file to take effect).

Thanks again - Asset is wonderful piece of software!

Comment

Working...

]]>