title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Intelligent Meta : How to give priority to GD3 over AMG when GD3 matches with freedb

Intelligent Meta : How to give priority to GD3 over AMG when GD3 matches with freedb

Hi,
    I have uploaded in one of my websites a PDF which describes the problem better. Please have look to it:

http://www.kapraudio.com/wp-content/...management.pdf

Summary:
    Case 1) With dBPowerAmp: all is OK, metadata that do not match with freedb (here that of AMG) are not selected, GD3 has priority
    Case 2) With batch ripper: AMG metadata are selected instead of that from GD3, despite that from GD3 match with that from freedb (???)
    Settings corresponding to case 2 above: "Lookup Both AMG & GD3 Simultaneously".
    I thus tried the second possible settings, i.e. : "Lookup GD3 When AMG Has no Matches" (trying to give priority to GD3 when it matches with freedb).
    However with these settings, Batch Ripper does not download GD3 Metadata, see case 3 below
    Case 3: no GD3 Metadata are downloaded when the "Lookup GD3 When AMG Has no Matches" option is selected.
    Note that "gdwebservice.getdigitaldata.com" has been declared to my (Kaspersky) firewall.

Initially I had no GD3 metadata. I opened an account with 25 free LookUps and entered the username and password in Batch Ripper. No metadata were downloaded. I contacted GD3 and they made some adjustments to my account. Since these adjustments has been done, I can download GD3 Meta but only with the "Lookup Both AMG & GD3 Simultaneously" option BUT with this option Batch Ripper does not give priority to GD3 Meta, case 2 above, see my PDF.

Thank you for your advice
    Best
    André

Re: Intelligent Meta : How to give priority to GD3 over AMG when GD3 matches with fre

Additional info: response from GD3: "The request to get GD3 data would be made by the Batch Ripper. There isn&*8217;t a setting for your GD3 account that would determine when the Batch Ripper would make the request to GD3. This would be something within Batch Ripper. "

Administrator

Re: Intelligent Meta : How to give priority to GD3 over AMG when GD3 matches with fre

GD3 was once partly filled from freedb, hence why a match between freedb and GD3 means nothing quality wise.

With the assistance of GD3, I have rechecked the same CD with the "Lookup GD3 When AMG Has no Matches" sub-option of Batch Ripper, and the GD3 metadata are still not downloaded. I interpret your response as a confirmation that batch ripper is configured to not download the GD3 Metadata when it is configured in the "Lookup GD3 When AMG Has no Matches" sub-option, because they are considered as "potentially identical" to that of Freedb so that even when this setting is selected the software continues to select that of AMG . In other words, the result is the same as with the sub-option "Lookup Both AMG & GD3 Simultaneously". Still in other words, the person who has a GD3 account cannot manage to have them selected by Batch Ripper whatever the sub-option selected, if he has also an AMG account (which is my case). It is regrettable Batch Ripper does not propose an option giving the same automatic metadata selection as the "Perfect Meta (Intelligent Lookup)" of dBPoweramp, where, on the contrary, the GD3 metadata are selected when they match with Freedb (see my three screen captures, one with dBPoweramp and two with Batch Ripper, one per sub-option). As a result, I cannot have the same metadata automatically selected when I rip the "GRP New Magic Sampler" with dBpoweramp and with Batch Ripper, as shown by three screen captures. Regrettably, with this CD, the metadata from DG3 and Freedb (true name of artists in each track file name) are obviously better that that of AMG (merely "various artists" everywhere). With other CDs, in particular of classical music, I also noted that the metadata obtained when the CD is ripped with dBpoweramp in Perfect Meta mode are more satisfying (more information: name of soloists, etc.) than that obtained with Batch Ripper in "intelligent Meta for all enabled Providers" mode (whatever the sub-option selected), for the same reason. Puzzling.

Example:
    with dBPowerAmp, track 1 : 01 Dave Grusin - An Actor's Life.wav
    With Batch Ripper (whatever the sub-option), track 1 : 01 Various Artists - An Actor's Life.wav
    Last edited by andre_aix; 06-03-2012 at 03:56 PM.