title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R4.1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freddiekaberman
    • Aug 2012

Re: Asset UPnP R4.1

Hello Spoon,

Just being a little slow here, I have downloaded the beta from your link above to my PC, but have no idea how to install it on WHS 2011 via remote desktop - with the registered version there was a wizard but with the beta it just wants to install to my PC. Any help appreciated!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You remote desktop connect to the WHS machine, then download and run from the WHS machine directly.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Freddiekaberman
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
        You remote desktop connect to the WHS machine, then download and run from the WHS machine directly.
        Hello Spoon,

Installed 4.1 successfully and pleased to say that almost all upstream art is working (AC/DC won't have it for some reason - I can live with that).

However I still get the same problem with "The_Artists" all being sorted under T, in spite of any changes I make to the options within Asset. Checked again with multiple control points, rescans etc. Do you think there could be a bug here?? If I could fix this, I would be a very happy Asset user, the dynamic browsing seems to work very well indeed..

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Asset can only recognize "The Artists" not "The_Artists" which is quite unique to your tags
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JFP
            • Jan 2009

Hello, about the latest beta version of Asset UPnp R4.1, you state "Removed folder.jpg change detection".
            Does that mean that I can say bye bye to my 18.000+ folder.jpg files ?
            And there will be no way to update these files anymore ?
            I just bought an Ipad and I need bigger artwork (500x500)...

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

>Removed folder.jpg change detection

This used to trigger a rescan on a change of folder.jpg, if you update your self you can trigger a manual scan (refresh all) to input the new art, also the embedded art takes preference over folder.jpg
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Freddiekaberman
                • Aug 2012

Hello Spoon,
                Further issues apparent with R4.1 installed on WHS 2011. Initially I identified problems with "The artists" (sorry I was not clear with my earlier posts on this - my albums are ripped with CD Ripper and both Artist and Album Artist are tagged e.g. Eagles, The, but ALWAYS coming up under T, regardless of any options I choose in Asset (I want smart handling to work).

Now I have played with the options for Artist sort handling, and get the same effect - eg. Billy Joel will come up under B but not J. This happens even when I specify it to display in both sort and non-sort locations.

I have now managed to get other changes through by fully restarting WHS - e.g. customise the browse tree with a new container, group A-Z listings as ABC...DEF..

Beginning to wonder if this could be a WHS 2011 issue or I am missing something fundamental.

Any ideas on this?
                Last edited by Freddiekaberman; 09-05-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

> Billy Joel will come up under B but not J. This happens even when I specify it to display in both sort and non-sort locations.

Billy Joel would only appear under 'J' if you have a Artist Sort tag set to Joel, Billy
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Freddiekaberman
                    • Aug 2012

> Billy Joel will come up under B but not J. This happens even when I specify it to display in both sort and non-sort locations.

Billy Joel would only appear under 'J' if you have a Artist Sort tag set to Joel, Billy
                    Hello Spoon,

Further to my issues of not getting option changes through to my streamers, after changing any options, Asset asks for permission to restart - I check OK but in my case this is not working - and I don't think a re-scan is enough. I finally realised that I needed to restart Asset manually - and it can sometimes need a couple of attempts before my WHS server actually does this, so I guess it could be a server issue. Now everything seems to be working very nicely, but for one small niggle remaining:

"The Artists", all tagged Eg. Eagles, The

Smart handling selected.

When I search Artist/Album - all artists - "The Artists" only show under T

When I search Artist/Album - A-Z - E - I get The Eagles nicely presented, and under - T - I get only e.g. "The Temptations"

I would like to see an option to present this smart handled artist info under the "all artists" view

Do you think this is all down to my tags, or could the folder structure (set up in CD Ripper) have any influence on this?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

>When I search Artist/Album - all artists - "The Artists" only show under T

How are you selecting T? in the control point (in which case it is not possible, because the control point is getting all artists then only showing those beginning with T)
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Freddiekaberman
                        • Aug 2012

>When I search Artist/Album - all artists - "The Artists" only show under T

How are you selecting T? in the control point (in which case it is not possible, because the control point is getting all artists then only showing those beginning with T)
                        Using the control point (in this case N-stream) if I go into All Artists then A-Z and search under T within Asset - all is fine. What I was looking for is a way to present All Artists and be able to directly scroll through them without using the A-Z search (or indeed the separate a-z search facility within N-stream - I do understand that will only act as a scroll-to function). If I cannot do that because of the control point - no great disaster for me. However it looks strange to me that smart handling of "The Artists" works well within the A-Z search but not in the All Artists View.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Try 'Asset Control' in the beta section of this forum, it would show correctly for [all artists] (the N Stream must be alphabetic sorting after getting the listing).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2011

May we expect 4.1 final any time soon?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

It is a matter of weeks away.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Final Update

Search update, if get a image or video request it is ignored
                                bug fix: for any search request it does not add any helpers to the title (which might be later used to open an album for example)
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>