title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Screen Layout for Tagging and Ripping CDs (CD Ripper)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d2b
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2010

Screen Layout for Tagging and Ripping CDs (CD Ripper)

There is way too much screen area devoted to CD tracks and not enough area for the meta/encoder/DSP fields at the bottom of the screen. This limited and unadjustable space at the bottom is a real limitation when adding or editing custom tags for individual tracks.

I have yet to find a CD that has so many tracks that it fills the upper half of the screen.

To make matters worse, each time one selects a track in the upper region, the scroll bar in the meta panel at the bottom returns to the top of the list, hiding the custom tags lower in the list of meta data.

Please consider reallocating the way the screen space is laid out. I'd rather see a vertical scroll bar for the CD tracks when needed than having to deal with the little space devoted to custom tags.

Thanks...

"d2b"
  • RLANE
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2011

Re: Screen Layout for Tagging and Ripping CDs (CD Ripper)

Originally posted by d2b
    There is way too much screen area devoted to CD tracks and not enough area for the meta/encoder/DSP fields at the bottom of the screen. This limited and unadjustable space at the bottom is a real limitation when adding or editing custom tags for individual tracks.

I have yet to find a CD that has so many tracks that it fills the upper half of the screen.

To make matters worse, each time one selects a track in the upper region, the scroll bar in the meta panel at the bottom returns to the top of the list, hiding the custom tags lower in the list of meta data.

Please consider reallocating the way the screen space is laid out. I'd rather see a vertical scroll bar for the CD tracks when needed than having to deal with the little space devoted to custom tags.

Thanks...

"d2b"
    Better yet, make the two parts adjustable with a mouse. Drag up to allow more meta data/encoder/cover space, down to see more tracks.

Comment

• d2b
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2010

>> Better yet, make the two parts adjustable with a mouse. Drag up to allow more meta data/encoder/cover space, down to see more tracks. <<

That would work well, especially if it doesn't require too much recoding. Nonetheless, something should be done to make it easier to navigate to the bottom metadata pane.

d2b

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Couldn't agree more with the previous 2 posts.

Comment

• GreyHorse
          • Dec 2012

I have a lot of classical music cd's that I am in the processess of storing on my PC. The automatic naming add a lot of nice information (i.e. G Major) which I would like to keep. However the current tag editor is very difficult to use, for example I have to keep on adding the comment field.

I sometime use (tagscanner - http://www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm) to edit the tags, but if I for some reason need to re-rip a CD all the edit work is lost - as there is no way to transfer the data between the 2 programs.

So my suggestion / question would it
          1) Not be possible to add the tag editor to the right hand side of the screen?
          2) Maybe copy the tag-editor layout from tagscanner

Regards

Comment

Working...

]]>