title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

¿Impossible ripping audio CD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent
    • May 2012

Re: ¿Impossible ripping audio CD?

Originally posted by mville
    I have 2 questions.

1. Was the seller advertising/selling the product as an audio CD?

2. Does the disc play in a standard CD player?
    1. Yes, the seller says in the advertising was an audio CD (but regardless of what the ad says, if you query the information I have provided above, with the code of the disc, the information can be checked on the official website, it really is an audio CD).

2. If by "standard CD player" you mean a Walkman/Discman, no, I have not tried it yet, I have not one and is awaiting to testing.

What I see in the reality is what you see written on the thread, I provided all information about it.
    Last edited by Trent; 05-26-2012, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Trent
      If by "standard CD player" you mean a Walkman/Discman, no, I have not tried it yet, I have not one and is awaiting to testing.
      By standard CD player, I was refering to players that were designed to play audio CDs only, the Walkman/Discman will do.

I know they are a little out of date, but I'm sure a neighbour will have have one, or your local hi-fi dealer. Either way, ask if they have a standard CD player and see if the disc plays.
      Last edited by mville; 05-29-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Trent
        • May 2012

By standard CD player, I was refering to players that were designed to play audio CDs only, the Walkman/Discman will do.

I know they are a little out of date, but I'm sure a neighbour will have have one, or your local hi-fi dealer. Either way, ask if they have a standard CD player and see if the disc plays.
        This afternoon I have to leave, I'll go to a appliance store to buy one, between 18:00 - 19:00 I put the reply with results.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Trent
          This afternoon I have to leave, I'll go to a appliance store to buy one, between 18:00 - 19:00 I put the reply with results.
          I wouldn't buy one just to try your disc.

The test I recommended is to determine whether or not the disc conforms to the Red Book audio CD standard. Playing the disc on a PC or newer blu-ray/DVD players introduces too many variables, which is why I say try a player that ONLY plays audio CDs.

If the disc plays then you have an audio CD.

If the disc does not play, which is what I suspect will happen, then either the disc is not an audio CD or is defective. Either way you can dispute the ebay purchase with evidence and ebay/Paypal will support you in any dispute.
          Last edited by mville; 05-29-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Trent
            • May 2012

I wouldn't buy one just to try your disc.

The test I recommended is to determine whether or not the disc conforms to the Red Book audio CD standard. Playing the disc on a PC or newer blu-ray/DVD players introduces too many variables, which is why I say try a player that ONLY plays audio CDs.

If the disc plays then you have an audio CD.

If the disc does not play, which is what I suspect will happen, then either the disc is not an audio CD or is defective. Either way you can dispute the ebay purchase with evidence and ebay/Paypal will support you in any dispute.
            In the end I did not buy any because they were worth quite expensive for what they actually used today. Even if were to run on a Discman the problem persists, I can't rip it, and what interests me is have separate tracks of the CD. I bet it's defective, yes or yes, because this problem is very uncommon.

About eBay, I will contact the seller to see if we can solve the problem (change for a new CD).

Comment

• Trent
              • May 2012

Update 1:
              The principal seller did not answer me, I suppose that once sold the item (and rated with positive stars) he ignores all problems.

Update 2:
              I contacted with another seller who sell the same article, and it yes answer me.

Extract from the message:
              I had a quick play of the bonus disc, original motion picture score, and it plays ok on my CD player. 13 tracks, running time 42:23.
              After I checked the songs in YouTube from the wiki tracklist (joining the minutes) and the time result is correct, not exact, but correct (few seconds). My disc from the first message was just a one data-track of 12 minutes and 27 seconds, we can assume then that really is defective.

I will send a final message to the seller number two to confirm a few more things, and when disc arrive I update this thread again.
              Last edited by Trent; 06-04-2012, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Trent
                • May 2012

* Final Update

Today I received the new copy of the disk, just like the other, and now yes it works.
                We can assume that the previous album was a defective copy, problem solved.

Comment

Working...

]]>