title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WMP 12 help needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WMP 12 help needed

Hi all, hope someone has the patience to help.

I'm what you guys would call a noob. I have windows 7 32 bit and wmp 12 on my pc networked to an onkyo trn609 avr. My music collection is in flac format on my hard drive. last year I managed to be able to see Asset upnp in WMP (after I installed it it appeared on left hand side of WMP screen) and was able to stream to the avr and I was quite happy about that. Anyway I was a bit too happy one night and accidentally deleted upnp or pressed the wrong button and it disappeared from WMP and I cannot get it back. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, refreshing libraries etc but can't do it.

Is there a simple way to just open up asset upnp in windows and start streaming again? Apologies in advance for my being a simpleton with all things to do with servers and streaming etc but I'm really hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,
    the stickman

Administrator

Re: WMP 12 help needed

You might want to try Asset Control, instead of Windows Media Player, see the beta section of this forum.

Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot.

Hope it's simple enough for a dullard like me to work out.

Cheers

Stupidly I appear to have done exactly what Stickler has done above. I.e. I right clicked on the Asset UPNP library entry and removed it from the list. I can see no way of getting it back! Any Ideas?

Wow, coincidentally I just came back to follow up this thread just as Paul has posted his problem. I was hoping he had a solution when I saw there'd been a reply.......bugger.

So Paul, I STILL haven't been able to get it working in WMP12 since I stuffed it up.

Spoon - I have been using Control which I like BUT it always freezes up part way into a playlist. That wouldn't even be too bad if I could just shut down and restart and resume the list but it doesn't save the list meaning I have to go through and select all the tracks again which is beyond the realms of my patience.

Are you able to offer any advice to the original post until Control is a bit more stable??

Many thanks in advance.

Administrator

If Asset has been removed from WMP, I would not know how to get it back into WMP.