title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Suddenly unable to rip CD's in multi encoder

Suddenly unable to rip CD's in multi encoder

Hello! I have been happily ripping a number of CD's using the multi codec settings. One file goes to my Vortexbox as a FLAC and the other goes to a seperate external drive as a .WAV. I use a sepeerate HP laptop with DB poweramp on. W7 Intel core 3. I have recent;y been in Africa with the laptop and no one else has had access to it apart from me. On returning home and reconnecting it to my network, I am unable to rip any CD's. I have looked at the encoder settings, tinkered with them, uninstalled and re-installed. All I get, after each track is accessed is an error message:
    Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\01 Jacksons, The - Shake Your Body (Down To the Ground).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Jacksons, The - Shake Your Body (Down To the Ground).wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\02 Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\03 Heatwave - Boogie Nights.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Heatwave - Boogie Nights.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\04 Odyssey - Going Back To My Roots.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Odyssey - Going Back To My Roots.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\05 Average White Band, The - Let’s Go Round Again.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Average White Band, The - Let’s Go Round Again.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\06 Bobby Thurston - Check Out the Groove.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Bobby Thurston - Check Out the Groove.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\07 Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Shame.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Shame.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\08 Gladys Knight & the Pips - Bourgie', Bourgie’.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Gladys Knight & the Pips - Bourgie', Bourgie’.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\09 Vicky 'D' - This Beat is Mine.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Vicky 'D' - This Beat is Mine.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\10 Thelma Houston - If You Feel It.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Thelma Houston - If You Feel It.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\11 Viola Wills - Gonna Get Along Without You Now.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Viola Wills - Gonna Get Along Without You Now.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\12 Aretha Franklin - Jump To It.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Aretha Franklin - Jump To It.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\13 Sharon Brown - I Specialize in Love.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Sharon Brown - I Specialize in Love.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 14' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\14 Vicki Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Vicki Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 15' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\15 O'Jays, The - Put Our Heads Together.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\O'Jays, The - Put Our Heads Together.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 16' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\16 Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music.wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 17' to 'C:\Users\HP 4530\Music\Various Artists\80s Groove, Vol. II, Disc 2\17 Pasadenas, The - Tribute (Right On).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\Various\Pasadenas, The - Tribute (Right On).wav.tmp.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

You'll see that even though one codec is being pointed to Vortexbox in it's settings, it's trying to save to a local folder, and although the external drive is connected and accessable though explorer, "E" also comes up with an error.

As I've said I've been into all the settings I can find but can't seem to reslove this and would appreciate any help or ideas as to how I can get up and running again.
    Thanks!

Jeff

Administrator

Re: Suddenly unable to rip CD's in multi encoder

It suggests that dBpoweramp no longer has write access to drive E:

When using Multi Encoder it uses its own save path location on the actual multi-encoder settings page.

Re: Suddenly unable to rip CD's in multi encoder

Spoon, thanks for the quick reply! Sometimes it's the most obvious that I miss. 1TB drive, totally full! All happily running again.

Thanks!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It suggests that dBpoweramp no longer has write access to drive E:

When using Multi Encoder it uses its own save path location on the actual multi-encoder settings page.