title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help needed: Updating lame_enc.dll in R10.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chupalo17
    • Apr 2012

Help needed: Updating lame_enc.dll in R10.1

Hello,

I have been using R10.1 successfully for quite a few years now. I have just recently started looking into upgrading the lame version used in R10.1. Browsing the forums I notice that it might be possible to just update the following file:
    C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Lame\lame_ enc.dll

Is this still the case with the latest versions of lame? I just downloaded the LAME 3.99.5 bundle which has the lame_enc.dll included. Can I just replace my dll with this new one and go back to using dMC flawlessly again?? Anything else major that I should do or know??

Thanks for any replies in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help needed: Updating lame_enc.dll in R10.1

It is not possible as Lame changed the byte order of headless STDIO over the years if I remember correctly
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chupalo17
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is not possible as Lame changed the byte order of headless STDIO over the years if I remember correctly
      If that is the case then is there any reason for me to upgrade from 3.93.1 to 3.99.5 when all of my rips are 320k CBR? Has there been any improvements in this encoding to warrant a change?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps ask on Hydrogen Audio
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>