title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Uncompressing + M4A to AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rom
    • Apr 2012

Uncompressing + M4A to AAC

Ages ago, i stupidly converted a large majority of my library to m4a aac, i wanted to fit a lot on my iPhone, so converted at a quality setting, which i forget, but most files ended up around 90-120 kbps.

Is it possible to re encode at a higher bit rate ? I would think no, but just tried a song, set to mp3 at 320 cbr. It has tripled the file size almost, and shows all the right file info, 320, very high quality etc.
    Has it actually managed to do this ? Has it somehow uncompressed the file a bit to achieve the higher bit rate. Or is it just teasing me and its not possible.

Next, ive ordered a new car stereo, which plays aac, all itunes file extensions are m4a, which i think is still aac ? Would this flag up on the stereo, am i going to need to convert to pure aac like nero aac encoder ?
    Im not overly fussed what format i use, mp3 or aac, but they are already in m4a, so if the whole uncompressing thing actually works it may be easier.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Uncompressing + M4A to AAC

No, quality is lost when encoding, it cannot be recovered.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>