title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag / dBpoweramp ripping / JRiver

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDalton
    • Apr 2012

Tag / dBpoweramp ripping / JRiver

I've testing dBp to know if it fits my needs with JRiver MC. I "created" a new tag called "Grouping" (that I use in JR) and ripped 1 CD (HDCD) to WAV, 1 CD (Redbook) to WAV and 1 CD to FLAC. When I imported those albuns to JRiver, standard metadata (including image) was OK but "Grouping" tag in JR was blank. Can I fix it?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag / dBpoweramp ripping / JRiver

Leaving WAVE aside for a moment (as it has funny tagging), concentrating on FLAC - does grouping tag work with that?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MDalton
      • Apr 2012

Unfortunately not. As it wasn't work with WAV I tried with FLAC. I "created" a tag named exactly like in JR (Grouping). When I ripped CD, I use Grouping from dBp to name the file and works fine (both with WAV and FLAC) but when imported to JR, Grouping tag was blank.
      I have something like 800 albums in iTunes (ALAC or AIFF) using Grouping tag and I will start to rip something like 3,000 CDs to WAV and need Grouping tag - I use it to group the Classical pieces, like 'Adams_1980_1981_'Harmonium'. Can I've doing something wrong?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Tag a FLAC file in J River with grouping, then look at the tags in dBpoweramp (right click on file >> Edit Tags), it could be the tag is being written to a different name.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MDalton
          • Apr 2012

Tagged one FLAC and one WAV file in JRiver with Grouping. Both files, looking in dBpoweramp Music Converter > Edit ID-Tag, are with Grouping OK. So, when tagged Grouping in JR it doesn't "disappears" in dBpoweramp.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you edit that grouping value, ie change the tag value and load again in J River, does it pick it up?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MDalton
              • Apr 2012

Edited Grouping value in dBp and press OK. Checked value in dBp and it didn't change - tried several times...

Comment

• dbfan
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jan 2011

Your security software might have sandboxed dbpoweramp, so tag updates do not happen.

Comment

• MDalton
                  • Apr 2012

First of all, I'd like to thank you. I am running Windows 7 through Parallels in my iMac. If I had not to do (and only if) and I could not use dBpoweramp to rip my CDs, because this tag issue, how much different will be to use JRiver to rip them?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

J River does not use AccurateRip, so there can be no certainty there are no errors in the rip (as the CD drive on its own can never self determine this, even with c2 pointers).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MDalton
                      • Apr 2012

Yeah, I figured it. It will be no easy decision: 1. edit Grouping tag when rip with dBpoweramp (because I use Grouping and Title to name the file), then import to JRiver and edit Grouping again; or 2. edit Grouping tag when ripping with JRiver. And all that to rip 3.000 CDs....

Comment

• MDalton
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
                        Your security software might have sandboxed dbpoweramp, so tag updates do not happen.
                        *********, how can I solve this problem?

Comment

• MDalton
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
                          J River does not use AccurateRip, so there can be no certainty there are no errors in the rip (as the CD drive on its own can never self determine this, even with c2 pointers).
                          Spoon, I fixed the problem: moved out from Parallels to Boot Camp.
                          This way Grouping tag works flawless, so files ripped with dBpoweramp and imported to JRiver shows Grouping now.

Comment

Working...

]]>