title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need Help- "Chipmunk" Effect on Converted m4a Audio Files

Question Need Help- "Chipmunk" Effect on Converted m4a Audio Files

Hi All,

I am a registered (paid) user of dBpoweramp Music Converter. I am converting speech audio into m4a format, using "Nero AAC encoder", however I am getting "chipmunk" effect when I playback the converted file (this is where spoken voice is 2-4x too fast!). Does anyone know what the problem could be (possibly encoder settings?) and how I might be able to remedy this?

Also- when using the Nero AAC encoder, I am confused by being able to choose "Force LC AAC"; "Force HE AAC (<84kbps); "Force HE v2 (<40kbps)" or "(no forced profile). I am using this encoder primarily to convert spoken word (audio book) files that range between 32 and 64kbps. Which option would be my best choice?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Brian :headbang:

Administrator

Re: Need Help- "Chipmunk" Effect on Converted m4a Audio Files

Convert your file to wave, and try to play the wave file, it might not be the encoder at fault, rather the decoder.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with some suggestions to help.

Unfortunately, converting to WAV format did not solve the problems; nor did converting to MP3 (using the Lame Encoder). I even tried changing sample rate several times, and also just leaving sample rate alone, but I always get the "speeded-up" "chipmunk" effect. :cry:

Do you have any other possible solutions I could try that might help?

Thanks,
    Brian :headbang:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Convert your file to wave, and try to play the wave file, it might not be the encoder at fault, rather the decoder.

Administrator

What are you converting from?