title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Streaming FLAC stereo with the same bit depth/sample rate from multichannel FLAC.

Streaming FLAC stereo with the same bit depth/sample rate from multichannel FLAC.

I am almost certain that with the current version of Asset it's not possible, but just in case I missed something in the documentation and forum, here's my problem:

I have 5.1 DVD Audio rips in FLAC; most of them are 94/24. I have two players - Marantz NR1602 and Oppo BDP-93. Marantz plays Hi-Res stereo FLAC (96/24) just fine and up to 48/16 stereo LPCM, but cannot handle any multichannel streams, Oppo can handle Hi-Res multichannel FLAC. What I ideally want is the device specific re-encoding that would serve 5.1 FLAC as stereo FLAC with the same bit depth and sampling rate (that is, FLAC 96/26 5.1 downmixed to FLAC 96/24 stereo) to Marantz and any FLAC as is to Oppo.

Alternatively, if it were possible to hide some folders/containers from a specific device, I could simply have two versions of the albums - one for each device.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Streaming FLAC stereo with the same bit depth/sample rate from multichannel FLAC.

You cannot do as flac, but you can stream as lpcm or wave forced 2 channel for a device.