title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Artwork in version 4

Artwork in version 4

Since upgrading to version 4 of Asset for WHS, I'm no longer seeing the correct artwork for a lot of albums; the artwork seems to be defaulting to the folder.jpg rather than the embedded images in the flac files. It doesn't make any difference what control point I use -Kinsky, ChorusDS or PlugPlayer. Everything worked perfectly in v3; is there a solution? Thanks for your help.

Administrator

Re: Artwork in version 4

Asset will use what ever is the newer (based on file date), if folder.jpg is never then the embedded then it is used.

Thanks very much for your reply. Is that the date created or the date modified? Is there any point changing the dates of the folder jpgs to an earlier date? I think there is windows freeware that can do that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Should be modified, there is a dbpoweramp codec called, I'd tag update, if you 'convert' all your files to this there is an option to export the embedded as folder.jpg

Thanks very much for your help. However, I couldn't quite see how exporting the embedded art would help; all the albums in each folder would still have the artwork belonging to the image with the latest date.
    I've 'solved' my problem by changing the dates of every folder.jpg file to a date in 2000. But I'll have to do this every time I add a new album to an existing folder. it seems to me v4 possibly has changed the way it chooses artwork? Or is this a bug?

Administrator

It is not a bug (yes v4 changed), as sometimes someone will not have correct art so will manually place a folder.jpg item and expect it to update (even though different art is embedded), which ever the newer is used.

ID Tag Update would write all the folder.jpgs from what is embedded in the files.

Which artwork is for the Artist in the Album/Artist tree ?

Administrator

Any Asset encounters first for a given artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Any Asset encounters first for a given artist.
    And can I change this Artwork ? Like a Special picture for the Artist, which is Not a Cover of an Album.

Administrator

No it cannot be changed.