title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 installed on Win Home Server Power Pack 3

Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 installed on Win Home Server Power Pack 3

I am not able to install the release 4 independent if I follow the asset-whs-manual (Windows Home Server v1 manual) or if I try to install the asset-install.msi directly from the desk top.
    The following error message pop up:

"The selected add-in failed to install. The error code was 1603. Please contact the add-in author for assistance."
    for the installation attempt from the WIN console

or:

"A network error occurred with attempting to read from the file: ...\asset-install.msi."
    for the installation attempt from the desktop.

I deleted the file und reloaded it. Same error again.

Windows Home Server Settings /Asset UPnP showed up a button "New Version" after clicking on that it turns to "Unable to Download"

End of all operations: Release 3 is also corrupted.

Assistance is highly welcome. UDI

Administrator

Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP 4 installed on Win Home Server Power Pack 3

You cannot run it from the desktop, the OS is locked down. Create a folder C:\installs\

put in that folder, then run from that folder.

Thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately it didn't work either. Finally I found out, that I first have to deinstall release 3. Therefore no parallel installation and indeed, no easy "over-installation" is is possible. UDI

This may be too late for you, but it's very easy to unlock an application for install within WHS. Right-click on your installer and select properties. Then click the UNBLOCK button. That should take care of the (confusing) network/read error when running the installer.