title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Unregistered

Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

how to convert mp3 files to atrac Does anyone Knows?

Unregistered

Dex, hydrogenaudio.org's listening test would like to have a word with you...

At 132kbps, more than double the 64kbps you use, ATRAC3 sounds worse than all the other codecs they tested. Including Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, MP3, AAC, and even Windows Media.

http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multifo...sentation.html
    http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multifo...8/results.html

ATRAC is an outdated and inferior compression format. Sony continue to hang onto it because it is Sony proprietary. It is not a major advance in encoding... and the encoder may be "free" but the technology isn't. Something like Vorbis (which is higher quality) is completely patent free, royalty free, license free, and open source.

Talking Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

ok, but tell me then why does an atrac3plus @64 kbps sound so good?
    got s sony player?
    got quality headphones?
    if you try it out you will see that the difference between mp3@128 and atrac3@64 is not noticable. If you show me any other codec that encodes better @ 64k or 48 i'll believe you...

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Taher
    Please help me to find a player software to play Atrac3Plus files on PC.
    Email me at tahereskandari@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    You are aware that the RealAudio format uses the same encoding methods as Atrac3. They are basically the same just the file extension is different. You can use RealPlayer to play/encode Atac3 files. If you really need the storage space, so have to use atrac3pro, then download the liquid audio plugin for winamp.

Unregistered

I downloaded that plugin but I can't get it to come up like in the pic... I think that you have to create a passport first but I can't contact their server... upon investigating their website, they no longer offer support for liquidaudio file format so I think they dropped support for the plugin too >_< Anybody have any idea on how to get this plugin to work??

I spent a couple of hours transferring CD track to Atrac and burning a disc. But now I would like to rearrange the tracks. Does anyone know of any way to do this without me having to rescan all of my music discs? Is there a way, perhaps, of inserting the burnt disc into my computer and rearranging the files that way? I was successfull of inserting the disc into my computer, dragging all the files onthe disc to a new folder, and then burning that folder onto a new disc with it working in the CD player.

Thanks

Unregistered

Your the dumb ass, as many of us only use atrac3 files and this would be handy to play back on the pc!

princess

Cool Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Hi Guys My atrac software no longer works and I need to reconvert all the atrac files(cds) to mp3. A while ago I read somewhere that dmc auxilliary input can do the job. Unfortunately I didnt save the instructions, and cant seem to find it now. Can someone plz tell me how to do it, or any other ways of doing it? Please mail me at nchantingprincess@sbcglobal.net
    Thnx N Bye

For dMC Auxiliary Inout: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 - sorry, no emailing, you'll have to check the forum. This is why registration would be useful - you can get an automatic email when somebody responds to a thread you're tracking.

Unregistered

Question Help me in playing Atrack3 songs in my pc

i have the software Atrack3Plus but i am not able to play it in my pc. If anyone can help me in this matter then please mail me at shazeer2004@yahoo.co.uk
    i will be very thankful to those who take time in helping me in this matter.

[QUOTE=ATRACK SSJ 4]where download software to convert mp3 to atrac 3 plus ?[/QUOT
    Oh Lord plz dont convert ur mp3 to atrac as its a shitty software which will stop working after a while. :vmad: Besides u have to have an atrac cd player coz the computer does not play it.

Re: Help me in playing Atrack3 songs in my pc

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i have the software Atrack3Plus but i am not able to play it in my pc. If anyone can help me in this matter then please mail me at shazeer2004@yahoo.co.uk
    i will be very thankful to those who take time in helping me in this matter.
    Atrac will not play in ur pc. You have to have an atrac cd player......but You are aware that the RealAudio format uses the same encoding methods as Atrac3. They are basically the same just the file extension is different. You can use RealPlayer to play/encode Atac3 files. If you really need the storage space, so have to use atrac3pro, then download the liquid audio plugin for winamp.ut
    Last edited by Princess; 08-19-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Anyone there who can tell me how to convert atrac to mp3 in detail plz. Christina do u read me?

Matt Jenkins

Thumbs down Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

i really dont know!
    i have been looking aswell! u c i hav a net md player but for some reason the function to convert files to atrac 3 will not work, therefor i canot put any music on my minidisc player!
    any help?ANYONE?
    please email me
    skipthekangaroo@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    Anyone there who can tell me how to convert atrac to mp3 in detail plz. Christina do u read me?
    Oops, sorry, missed this post.

Ok, those of you who know me a bit by now have noticed that I recommend using dMC Auxiliary Input a lot over searching all over the web for futile programs which may or may not do the job.

Did you just say that you cannot play ATRAC files on your pc at all, using any of the players available? Did you also say it's the same as real media but with a different extension?

In that case, did you try renaming the file to a name with extension .ra or .rm, see if it plays in real Player and if so decode it to mp3 using dMC? You'll of course need to have the real player installed for that and the decoding will take place in real time (i.e. it will take as long as the song length).

But, as I don't have any ATRAC files myself, I can but speculate on this. In fact right now I have to go back and read this whole thread and others like it and see what's been said and done, because it's one of those very tangled notions.

What I have glimpsed so far is that you can connect your Sony mini-disc player to your soundcard through the line-in jacks and then you can use dMC Auxiliary Input (select the line-in or aux for input source for recording in Volume Control first). For instructions on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input refer to http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 .

I hope this helps.