title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Unhappy Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    Oops, sorry, missed this post.

Ok, those of you who know me a bit by now have noticed that I recommend using dMC Auxiliary Input a lot over searching all over the web for futile programs which may or may not do the job.

Did you just say that you cannot play ATRAC files on your pc at all, using any of the players available? Did you also say it's the same as real media but with a different extension?

In that case, did you try renaming the file to a name with extension .ra or .rm, see if it plays in real Player and if so decode it to mp3 using dMC? You'll of course need to have the real player installed for that and the decoding will take place in real time (i.e. it will take as long as the song length).

But, as I don't have any ATRAC files myself, I can but speculate on this. In fact right now I have to go back and read this whole thread and others like it and see what's been said and done, because it's one of those very tangled notions.

What I have glimpsed so far is that you can connect your Sony mini-disc player to your soundcard through the line-in jacks and then you can use dMC Auxiliary Input (select the line-in or aux for input source for recording in Volume Control first). For instructions on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input refer to http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 .

I hope this helps.

Thanx Christina
    Now my dbamp converter does not convert cda to mp3 which it earlier did. Tried reinstalling it too, it gives this error msg. "CODEC decompression error for 'F:\Track01.cda' Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction." Plz help.

Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    Thanx Christina
    Now my dbamp converter does not convert cda to mp3 which it earlier did. Tried reinstalling it too, it gives this error msg. "CODEC decompression error for 'F:\Track01.cda' Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction." Plz help.
    What on earth did you do now?

So is drive F: your cd rom drive? or is it something else?

Were you trying to run dMC itself directly from cda track? That is something you do with dMC Audio CD Input, not dMC alone.

What on earth did you do now?

So is drive F: your cd rom drive? or is it something else?

Were you trying to run dMC itself directly from cda track? That is something you do with dMC Audio CD Input, not dMC alone.
    Hi Christina, Thanks for ur response.The drive F is my cd rom drive on laptop and i have always converted my cds to mp3s from the dbamp converter, but somehow I cant now.

Can you access your cd drive through dMC Audio CD Input and convert from there?

Hi Christina, Thanks for ur response.The drive F is my cd rom drive on laptop and i have always converted my cds to mp3s from the dbamp converter, but somehow I cant now.
    LOL! This should teach me to think outside of the box! I like to keep things segregated so I use dMC Audio CD Input for audio cd's and regular dMC for everythign else. But I just saw that indeed you can use dMC alone for handling teh tracks themselves.

Well, if you didn't check carefully where the output's going, you're probably trying to save the converted mp3's back to the same folder as the original which is your cd rom drive - so that wouldn't work. Change that to an actual folder on your hard drive and it should work.

Wait a minute! Does dMC Audio CD Input know all it has to know about your cd rom drive?

Look at dMC Audio CD Configuration - what does it say currently?

Wait a minute! Does dMC Audio CD Input know all it has to know about your cd rom drive?

Look at dMC Audio CD Configuration - what does it say currently?
    Ur Great Christina, the dMC Audio configuration was messed up. I wouldnt have dreamt of looking into it if it wasnt for ur suggestion.

Ur Great Christina, the dMC Audio configuration was messed up. I wouldnt have dreamt of looking into it if it wasnt for ur suggestion.
    Hi, You remember the very 1st time I aksed how to convert atrac to mp3 using dMC audio Cd input? The reason is, I wasnt able to burn ATRAC Cds anymore on the software which I had for Simple burner. I kept getting error msgs there too. Maybe the configuration there too could have been messed up! Plz tell me what the default config is, so that I correct it. Thanks.

Hi, You remember the very 1st time I aksed how to convert atrac to mp3 using dMC audio Cd input? The reason is, I wasnt able to burn ATRAC Cds anymore on the software which I had for Simple burner. I kept getting error msgs there too. Maybe the configuration there too could have been messed up! Plz tell me what the default config is, so that I correct it. Thanks.
    The config for Simple Burner? I have no idea. Don't know that software at all. I use Nero & dMC CD Writer. Nero doesn't get affected by dMC's settings from what I can see.

For dMC Audio CD Input it is whatever works - what did you use last night?

Maybe NT/2000 and MMC? It depends on your own system, this is mine. You'll have to experiment and see what works.

The config for Simple Burner? I have no idea. Don't know that software at all. I use Nero & dMC CD Writer. Nero doesn't get affected by dMC's settings from what I can see.

For dMC Audio CD Input it is whatever works - what did you use last night?

Maybe NT/2000 and MMC? It depends on your own system, this is mine. You'll have to experiment and see what works.
    Yeh this config NT/2000 and MMC was for dmc cd input which I used last nite. There has to be something different for Atrac config, I hope someone reading this will able to help me out on this. Like u said Nero, does that burn cds in atrac format like simple burner?

Hi all, can someone help me get my simple burner software working? I get this msg saying "An Error Has Occured While Creating This Image" when trying to burn Cds in Atrac.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by DeX
    www.sonystyle.com--> downloads--> sonicstage 2.0
    it encodes mp3 to atrac3 but you can't read those files with wnithing we know about.... :(

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ATRACK SSJ 4
    where download software to convert mp3 to atrac 3 plus ?

Unregistered

Angry Re: Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

Quote Originally Posted by ATRACK SSJ 4
    where download software to convert mp3 to atrac 3 plus ?

the-x-man