title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

accurate of 50 but track small noise ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gbeer7
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2011

Re: accurate of 50 but track small noise ?

So i wouldn't need to replace my CD ? Sorry, getting a bit stressed about all this. Struggle with imperfection :(

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Gbeer7
      So i wouldn't need to replace my CD ? Sorry, getting a bit stressed about all this. Struggle with imperfection :(
      If 50 other people ripped the SAME cd release and the imperfection was there too (which is what accuraterip is telling you), then the odds of you buying another CD without the imperfection are very low. Perhaps there are other releases of the same CD that don't have the imperfection. On the other hand, some of these imperfections are in the original masters and will always show up.

Comment

• Gbeer7
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2011

I've just run a "test conversion" and it completed in 2 seconds at 203x Encoding speed. Didn't flag anything up. Does it write to a log file or it would flag up an error as it does the test conversion ? Does this mean i'm getting anxious about nothing ?
        Does these details of the original file look ok ?

ID - 017-002cb94d-023ffbb1-e1117111-8
        AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 50) [057A0320]

some of the tracks on the album are 48, 49 and 51 accurate. Should they all be 50 or another number but just match ?
        Wish i could relax over this !
        Last edited by Gbeer7; 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

I've just run a "test conversion" and it completed in 2 seconds at 203x Encoding speed. Didn't flag anything up. Does it write to a log file or it would flag up an error as it does the test conversion ? Does this mean i'm getting anxious about nothing ?
          Does these details of the original file look ok ?

some of the tracks on the album are 48, 49 and 51 accurate. Should they all be 50 or another number but just match ?
          Wish i could relax over this !
          yes, it is possible and happens often that some tracks on an album have different accuracy numbers as you found.
          and a test conversion will show an error if there is one.

So you are really worrying over nothing I think. You need some real problems in your life to get your mind off stuff like this. ;-)

Comment

• Gbeer7
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2011

I get stupidly obsessive about my music and worry like this. Even just listened to the backup copy of my music, sounds the same. I don't end up enjoying music, just worrying ! Sad i know.

So, sorry to be a pain, when doing test conversion it will show an error as it process if a problem or write to a log file ?

And this looks ok ?

Thanks for all your help.
            Last edited by Gbeer7; 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

the test conversion will show an error if there is a problem and write the error to log file. Your output above looks like the rip is perfect with confidence 50. I think you can move on to bigger issues now... ;-)

Comment

• Gbeer7
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Mar 2011

Sorry, before you go mad, will the error show up as it goes or just out the error in a log file? Where does it put the log file ?

Also, where is the CRC mark ? Can't see it in edit tag info. Worried now its not got a CRC mark and there's an issue. Might have all my collection without CRC marks and have problems with tracks.

just looking at a CD i ripped recently and had lots more detail, like replygain, rating, encoder settings, source, UPC. Where the older one's i ripped only really have AccurateRipDiscID and AccurateRipResults. Seriously worried now. Do i have to re-rip others ?? They might not have a CRC code.

Can anyone help and answer these questions ? Very stressed out.
                Last edited by Gbeer7; 03-26-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Sorry, before you go mad, will the error show up as it goes or just out the error in a log file? Where does it put the log file ?

Also, where is the CRC mark ? Can't see it in edit tag info. Worried now its not got a CRC mark and there's an issue. Might have all my collection without CRC marks and have problems with tracks.

just looking at a CD i ripped recently and had lots more detail, like replygain, rating, encoder settings, source, UPC. Where the older one's i ripped only really have AccurateRipDiscID and AccurateRipResults. Seriously worried now. Do i have to re-rip others ?? They might not have a CRC code.

Can anyone help and answer these questions ? Very stressed out.
                  I think the error just shows up on your screen as you're doing the test conversion. no error on screen and you are OK. Regarding CRC, these are not necessarily in your tags so you wouldn't see in ID tag update. In the accuraterip results, it typically shows the CRC in brackets. For example, from one of my tracks:

AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 19) [25913DFF]

FLAC files automatically have CRC embedded inside them for future checking (one of the benefits of FLAC files). See this link:

see in particular this statement:
                  Lossless: The encoding of audio (PCM) data incurs no loss of information, and the decoded audio is bit-for-bit identical to what went into the encoder. Each frame contains a 16-bit CRC of the frame data for detecting transmission errors. The integrity of the audio data is further insured by storing an MD5 signature of the original unencoded audio data in the file header, which can be compared against later during decoding or testing.

THE ABOVE TEST IS WHAT IS BASICALLY HAPPENING WHEN YOU RUN DBPA 'TEST CONVERSION'.

Comment

• Teknojnky
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2006

you should be more stressed out about 'getting your cd back' than a perceived 'noise' in a file which several people have repeatedly told you is fine.

Comment

• Gbeer7
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Mar 2011

So basically, regardless of how the FLAC was created, it would have CRC in automatically ?

The CD and all my CD's are stored over at a family member. Its to help with my OCD at the moment, so yes i worry about my CD's as well.

Thank you garym for all your kind and patient help.

Comment

• Gbeer7
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Mar 2011

Anyone help with my above question ?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Your file is fine, it has no errors, the error you are getting in the audio is present in all CDs of the same release.

FLACs generally all have CRCs, atleast all created by dBpoweramp do.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gbeer7
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Mar 2011

So all FLAC files will have CRCs built in ?

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

So all FLAC files will have CRCs built in ?
                              didn't you read the link about the FLAC format I posted earlier. This is a standard in FLAC files. So unless you wrote your OWN FLAC encoder from scratch and deliberately messed it up so that it didn't create FLAC files properly, there's no way your FLAC files don't have CRCs built in. Just load up all your FLAC files and run a batch "Test Conversion" on all of them. This will confirm that all your FLAC files are good.
                              Last edited by garym; 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Gbeer7
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Mar 2011

Sorry Garym, I did. Spoon's comment "FLACs generally all have CRCs, atleast all created by dBpoweramp do. " got me worried, thats all.
                                Think i need a lie down !!

Thants for your patience Garym. I'm a worrier.

Comment

Working...

]]>