title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Yes send a sample file please:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gundy
      • Jul 2012

Just did send a sample file.

Comment

• twit
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2010

re: Album Art - when selecting "maximum art size" of say, 800x800, and the tool is aware of art for a specific album at 1400x1400, will the tool use the larger art and scale it down to 800x800, or will it ignore any relevant art larger than 800x800? I would prefer it to scale down rather than ignore, but most importantly I need to know what it is doing, whatever it is doing. thanks

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It will scale down the larger art prior to storage in the files.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twit
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2010

That's good.

With Beta 6 (not 6j that I just found), I tried to use Album Art to find bigger/better art for a few albums, but I am either very confused as to how this works, or it's not working as intended.

After scanning, I selected "low resolution albums". I can't tell what threshold resolution it used, much less find a way to tell it what to use (Suggestion *1 - allow this to be set and display the low resolution threshold), but at least it seems to have accurately found the very worst resolution album covers in my library. For each of the albums I wanted to explore a different cover image, I hit "fix" next to the album and looked over what it found. I tried to sort by size, but that was a mistake because upon resorting, the existing cover is wiped from the choices, preventing me from comparing the existing image to other choices (suggestion *2 - always keep the existing art cover in the upper left corner regardless of the sort setting).

So of the dozen or so albums that the low resolution selection presented, I looked for album covers for about 5 of the albums. For each of these 5 albums, when I clicked on a cover, the entire display of found art vanished and returned me to the main window of the tool. At that point, thinking all I had done was make a selection, I wanted to actually replace the existing album covers with the new art for those 5 albums, so I hit "fix albums". I was surprised to see in the "fixing albums" popup that art was replaced in all the albums except for the 5 albums for which I made a selection. The first thing I did was undo the changes to the albums that I did not want to do anything to (suggestion *3 - be much clearer what hitting an album cover will do when selecting art, and clearer on what "fix albums" will really do, or put in check boxes next to the albums that users must select to have "fix albums" perform action on) (suggestion *4 - provide a way to expand the view of any given cover in the search result - it's frequently really, really hard to select the best art from small thumbnails)

The most frustrating result was that I could not get the 5 albums updated that I wanted to update. The tool seemed convinced that the change had already been made, and reported "no match" for these 5 albums in the "fixing albums" popup. I confirmed in another tag editor that no changes had been made to these albums. Better yet, when I closed the "fixing albums" pop-up, the 5 albums I wanted to fix disappeared from the tool display, because apparently the tool not only is convinced the art was updated, but also no longer qualified as "low resolution" albums, and under the selection of "previously fixed albums", it only allows me to undo what it never did. I don't have any read, write or access restrictions on my files. The files are located on an external eSATA hard drive. dMC has ripped to this hard drive many times without any issues.

I then exited the tool and reopened it. It correctly noted that no files had actually changed, and the 5 albums reappeared on the low resolution list with the actual existing art size reported. This time I also just hit "fix albums" without manually searching and selecting anything. The result was the almost the same - the same 5 albums did not report finding a match - the only difference is that the tool continued to report that these albums had their existing art and size. Lastly, the "previously fixed" list showed a list of albums that I either tried to change and did not, and albums for which I hit "undo", so in my simple view none of the "previously fixed" albums had actually been changed or fixed. I don't know what to suggest to specifically fix or improve the fixing process other than there needs to be some way to reliably and accurately control what art is selected, what albums are "fixed", and that fixes actually occur.

I get it that this is beta, so I'm happy to provide any other info to help improve it.

Update: just tried all of the above with the latest beta that ID'd as "6c", same behaviors.
            Last edited by twit; 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If no match appears then the art cannot be automatically corrected and it must be manually corrected by clicking 'fix' and manually choosing.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TedSmith
                • Jun 2012

With 6c)

Cool, No spurious corruption errors.

On dedup it would be nice if you could mark a suggestion to not be made again: I get 1778 duplicates of which there are only a few that I might care about.

I still get weird false positives from dedup like the screen dump I posted.

I got a few album covers (one album that had none and a few with better resolution.)

On Album covers sometimes when I click on fix the original art doesn't show up (and sometimes when I click again it does)

Similarly sometimes when I click Fix twice in a row I get different results.

When I first click on Fix (album covers) I see my original cover, but when I click on "Sort Largest to Smallest" it no longer appears. I'd like to be able to see my old cover side by side (or at least with a little scrolling). Right now I have it set to not embed the covers: I pick one, rename it in windows explorer, perhaps hit Fix and pick another, etc. Then I go to Explorer and choose the one I want and use MP3Tag to embed it.

Many of the times that there is an album cover from PerfectTUNES that has more resolution than mine it turns out that it was upsampled and has compression artifacts: If I had used the "Fix Albums" button and gotten those I would have been upset.

After I hit Undo Fix in album covers that album shows up in the Low Resolution Albums list without any picture: when I check the folder on disk it still has the Folder.jpg and all of the tracks still have the correct embedded cover so everything is fine except the blank cover display.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

>Similarly sometimes when I click Fix twice in a row I get different results.

There is a potential for this, the internet is live searched.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2010

Hi Spoon - I was a little concerned about the AccurateRip part of PerfectTUNES, as it seemed to be throwing up errors on files that appeared to be fine. I picked a two CD set that showed errors when scanned, re-ripped them to a different drive with dBpoweramp showing AccurateRip was ok, and immediately ran PerfectTUNES to see what happened.
                    This is what I got:-

Any thoughts? I can happily upload any of these files it it will help.

Mick
                    Last edited by mickc; 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• twit
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2010

I'm also getting a number of albums that ripped accurately with CD Ripper but report as inaccurate by PerfectTUNES.

I'm also getting albums reported as "incomplete" that are in fact complete. I've verified that the album names on all of the tracks of such albums are identical and located in the same folder. My guess is that the tool is looking to match both the album name and artist or album artist to identify tracks as belonging together. If so, I'd prefer that grouping be done just on album name, or allow grouping to be a configurable setting to adopt something more complicated like album artist and album name. In other words, I'd like AccurateRip results to minimize their dependence on users' tagging practices, or specify tagging requirements to make this check work.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Mick if you can click the 'i' next to match details to show the log, also post a secure ripping log from CD ripper so we can compare the results. You are not using any DSP effects?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2010

Hi Spoon - ok, I'll be able to do that tomorrow. I am using a couple of DSP effects, one being the HDCD one, plus (from memory) one of the hidden track 'silence remover' ones, I think.

Mick.

Comment

• mickc
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Sep 2010

Right - looks like it's due, in this instance, to dBpoweramp (presumably mistakenly) seeing some, but not all, tracks as HDCD. I've only included reports for CD2 as for some reason PerfectTUNES is no longer querying CD1. Apologies for the long post but I couldn't see how to add a text file as an attachment.

DSPs in use:-

HDCD
                            Hidden Track Silence Removal

Ripping - log for CD2:-

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 01 - World in Harmony.flac'
                            Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 18866 (4:11) in 0:19. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 01 - World in Harmony.flac
                            AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 7) [Pass 1]
                            CRC32: 225990EF AccurateRip CRC: 189512A7 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-1]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 189512a7]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 256cc6b7], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 189512a7]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 32447ac7], Using Pressing Offset +1328

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 02 - Sandy Mary.flac'
                            Track 2: Ripped LBA 18866 to 43083 (5:22) in 0:15. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 02 - Sandy Mary.flac
                            CRC32: 91A0E728 AccurateRip CRC: 3DCC0DE2 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-2]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 3dcc0de2]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 ec8aab6a], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 3dcc0de2]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 9b4948f2], Using Pressing Offset +1328
                            HDCD Track Detected

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 03 - Loving Kind.flac'
                            Track 3: Ripped LBA 43083 to 55998 (2:52) in 0:07. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 03 - Loving Kind.flac
                            CRC32: 9725979F AccurateRip CRC: EE33D9C2 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-3]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 ee33d9c2]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 53fe4ada], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 ee33d9c2]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 b9c8bbf2], Using Pressing Offset +1328
                            HDCD Track Detected

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 04 - Only You.flac'
                            Track 4: Ripped LBA 55998 to 75932 (4:25) in 0:10. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 04 - Only You.flac
                            CRC32: DD3EB894 AccurateRip CRC: A5780AA8 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-4]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 a5780aa8]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 4abdc9e8], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 a5780aa8]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 f0038928], Using Pressing Offset +1328
                            HDCD Track Detected

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 05 - Red Hot Mama.flac'
                            Track 5: Ripped LBA 75932 to 94842 (4:12) in 0:09. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 05 - Red Hot Mama.flac
                            CRC32: 1310D1D4 AccurateRip CRC: CDABD280 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-5]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 cdabd280]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 dd0df780], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 cdabd280]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 ec701c80], Using Pressing Offset +1328

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 06 - I Can't Hold Out.flac'
                            Track 6: Ripped LBA 94842 to 124224 (6:31) in 0:13. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 06 - I Can't Hold Out.flac
                            CRC32: 49A0AC1C AccurateRip CRC: 9CA52D75 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-6]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 9ca52d75]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 2618e035], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 9ca52d75]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 af8c92f5], Using Pressing Offset +1328
                            HDCD Track Detected

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 07 - The Green Manalishi.flac'
                            Track 7: Ripped LBA 124224 to 181592 (12:44) in 0:24. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 07 - The Green Manalishi.flac
                            CRC32: 22822695 AccurateRip CRC: E904023A [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-7]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 e904023a]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 382783da], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 e904023a]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 874b057a], Using Pressing Offset +1328
                            HDCD Track Detected

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 08 - Encore Jam.flac'
                            Track 8: Ripped LBA 181592 to 239032 (12:45) in 0:21. Filename: K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 08 - Encore Jam.flac
                            CRC32: 5D8B8BB9 AccurateRip CRC: 81856212 [DiscID: 008-000cb821-0058b41e-650c7308-8]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 81856212]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv1 99a3b1e2], Using Pressing Offset +664
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 7 [CRCv1 81856212]
                            AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv1 b1c201b2], Using Pressing Offset +1328

Tracks converted thus:-

CD2

1 - 16
                            2 - 24
                            3 - 24
                            4 - 24
                            5 - 16
                            6 - 24
                            7 - 24
                            8 - 16

PerfectTUNES has stopped complaining about CD1, but shows this for CD2:-

Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)
                            Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9, Pressing Offset +664 [ARv1 CRC 256CC6B7] K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 01 - World in Harmony.flac
                            Track 2: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 02 - Sandy Mary.flac
                            Track 3: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 03 - Loving Kind.flac
                            Track 4: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 04 - Only You.flac
                            Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9, Pressing Offset +664 [ARv1 CRC DD0DF780] K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 05 - Red Hot Mama.flac
                            Track 6: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 06 - I Can't Hold Out.flac
                            Track 7: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 07 - The Green Manalishi.flac
                            Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9, Pressing Offset +664 [ARv1 CRC 99A3B1E2] K:\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2)\Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues (CD2) - 08 - Encore Jam.flac

I'm unsure why CD1 is no longer being reported - I'd have expected 1, 2, 4, 6 & 8 to be flagged, which they were first time around. I'm using the latest beta of dBpoweramp for this, by the way, although this album was originally ripped by an earlier beta, but I'm unsure which.

Regards

Mick

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

>to dBpoweramp (presumably mistakenly) seeing some, but not all, tracks as HDCD

No not always, sometimes the tracks are taken off different albums to make a new one.

Without the log for CD1 where it showed the errors, we can not be sure what is happening.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2010

Good point - I assumed the HDCD flag was set per disc rather than per track - obviously this isn't the case. As for the log, although it's no longer flagging anything up, I can see that the tracks PerfectTUNES flagged up originally were the ones that were ripped to 24 bit rather than 16 on CD1.
                                I didn't note other albums that had errors, so it'll take me another day or so to re-run PerfectTUNES against my original collection (I set it only to look at the new drive so it looks as if it'll have to re-scan) and I'll dump the log for all errored tracks and see if it is the same thing there too.

Comment

Working...

]]>