title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fastfwd
    • Sep 2011

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Originally posted by Spoon
    I have released Beta 5i for those who were getting corrupted errors (which change to different files after a rescan).
    Spoon:

I cleared the database and ran Beta 5i. It discovered a different set of "corrupted" files, as expected, but when I looked in %appdata%\PerfectTunes, I didn't see a ProcessingErrors.txt file; there were just 11 .bin files in that directory. If those files will help you, I'd be happy to email them.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It was an error on our part, I have released Beta 5j, try this one please (again trigger a rescan after install).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gbeer7
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2011

Hi spoon,

Is perfectTunes only meant for CDs that have been ripped by various tools?

What i mean is, its not meant for general downloads ?

Thank you

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

I won't answer for Spoon as to what the final version will cover, but as of today's version, you don't have use for that for verification purposes, which I understand is your concern.

Other functionality will work. E.g., the duplicate finder will tell you how many Helter Skelter files you have in your library. (It doesn't check for bit-identity, so don't worry if two bit-different masters are identified.)

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The AccurateRip checker can only work with CD Quality files, the other tools will work with any files.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gbeer7
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2011

Ok spoon, so metadata and duplicates will work but checking my Beatles USB apple 24bit files is pointless then? Does it not check the file or is a test conversion the best thing to do to verify these files ?

Comment

• Porcus
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gbeer7
                but checking my Beatles USB apple 24bit files is pointless then?
                Yes. And not only pointless, the software won't do it.

Comment

• Gbeer7
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2011

Ok porcus and spoon, thank you.

Comment

• TedSmith
                    • Jun 2012

I nabbed 5i and still get more than 1400 "Corrupted files" with (probably) none of them really corrupted. When I look in "...\!ProcessingErrors.txt" I see no lines without "Processing WatchDog Timeout..." I was running lots of stuff at times during the processing, but I was also playing music and, for example, Winamp didn't skip. (FWIW Some of the Timed out files were played by Winamp and others weren't. Also I wasn't running WMP or doing a virus scan.)

The good news is that I get many fewer reports of albums with ripping errors with 5i than the previous version. Spot checks look like these reports are correct.
                    Last edited by TedSmith; 07-08-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• TedSmith
                      • Jun 2012

With 5j I get an accurate Corrupted Files list. I also see that the extra corrupted files from earlier versions masked some albums with ripping errors :(

I noticed that durring the library scanning that one of the signature calculator tasks had, say, 2 hours of CPU and the other three has only 7 minutes: is this normal or is there a chance to speed up the library scan?

I keep getting tripped up by the phrase "Certain Matches" in the list from De-Dup: It reports as certain duplicates files that have different sample rates (in this case 96k vs 192k.) The phrase "Certain Matches" seems a little too definite for obviously different quality files.

FWIW I still get some weird false positives from De-Dup: http://i47.tinypic.com/2h3sgic.jpg

Comment

• fastfwd
                        • Sep 2011

It was an error on our part, I have released Beta 5j, try this one please (again trigger a rescan after install).
                        Beta 5j reports no "corrupted" tracks. For me, at least, that bug now appears to be fixed. Thank you.

Beta 5j still shows the same erroneous "ripping errors" and "not present in AccurateRip" albums as Beta 5 and Beta 5i.

Comment

• Gundy
                          • Jul 2012

Where are the files stored? on a Network NAS (share), or on a local hard disk?

Are the files set to read only?
                          Hi Spoon,

Sorry for the extreme late reply. Files are stored locally. Most of them had their cover art updated via Media Monkey at some point. I have done some test and it seems that those albums that haven't been touched by Media Monkey get their cover art updated just fine. Am now using Beta 6 with the same results. Should I send you a sample file?

Gundy

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

With Beta 6 you would have to trigger a full rescan (from the settings menu >> drop database)
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TedSmith
                              • Jun 2012

With Beta 6 I still get false Corrupted Files: Processing WatchDog Timeout... (23 of them not hundreds)

FWIW most (but not all) of the Processing WatchDog Timeout messages were on my bigger flacs: the ones over 100Megs or 24/192k DVDA rips, but perhaps that's just a coincidence.

The progress bar while checking with Accurate Rip is nice but it got to the end hours before that pass was done.

Comment

• Gundy
                                • Jul 2012

With Beta 6 you would have to trigger a full rescan (from the settings menu >> drop database)
                                Hi Spoon, with Beta 6 I still get the same issue, even after a full rescan. Album art cannot be applied to most of my files.

Comment

Working...

]]>