title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Have only tried De-Dupe; looks promising to me.

Like an earlier poster said:
    1) In addition to the folder icon to click, I also need to see the file path for each duplicate in the initial view
    2) A mechanism to aggregate the duplicates by album and delete the album (instead of 1 track at a time)

I also would like a find option on the initial view

NOTE: I was surprised to find that tracks marked as duplicates were not. I was under the (mistaken?) impression that the portion of the file containing the audio was in some way examined and not just the metadata... but it seems that is not the case?

I just found tracks that are the same length (29 seconds) that were flagged as duplicates even though they are not (Same album, different CDs / different track*s)

Even more surprised to find other tracks flagged as duplicates when they were not: Same CD, different lengths 2:02 vs. 1:33...?!

Although I find the UI to be nice, it isn't practical for me for the issues cited above, so I am exporting the duplicate list to file and using Windows Explorer to manage the reported dupes.

Administrator

Metadata is not used for de-dup, instead the audio is listened to and similarities in the audio used to detect duplicates, the length of the tracks is not important.

Thanks - I don't understand how different tracks which are different are then identified as duplicates...

Administrator

The technology is not 100%, there are false positives.

Having had an unfortunate issue with a NAS storage server, my iTunes collection was corrupted. I recovered the albums scattered in a Mac, a PC and an iPad/iPod and put them together in a directory. Using Anti-Twin duplicate finder and remover I could delete lots of identical files. But anti-twin cannot consider identical files with the same music but different tags or different bitrates. Here comes PerfectTunes De-Dup. I came across it a few days ago and inmediately installed and used it. I expected to take a lot of time (about 1 day) to scan my collection and it worked perfectly. The problem is that it found more than 14.000 duplicates. I cannot spend the time required to delete one by one manually so I would appreciate a way to mass-delete identical or similar songs by selecting the directories to keep and the directories to delete.

Time for a stupid question. I actually registered just to be able to ask it.
    Is there a way to auto correct and tag tracks with any of the applications in the PerfectTUNES bundle? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I see the possibility to add covers and get a confirmation that your tracks where correctly ripped. But metadata fixes?

Administrator

Not currently, it will not make v1 release, but should make v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not currently, it will not make v1 release, but should make v2.
    OK, that explains things. :smile2:

Not sure I'm posting this correctly, but here goes...

RE PerfectTunes Accurate-Rip.

Album Art and De-Dup work OK, but Accurate rip just iterates through my album collection of about 1,050 and returns just one album as having been accurately ripped. That album is the first subfolder listed alphabetically, so it appears to be skipping all subsequent subfolders. (Main folder = "D:\FLAC Files\", plus I've made sure that the subfolders option is selected). In my setup, each subfolder is an artist, with each lower level folder being a title/album.

Any ideas why the Accurate-Rip code is skipping so many files?

Thank you,

Dan

Administrator

How does it list the other albums? under which heading?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    How does it list the other albums? under which heading?
    I went to answer your question Spoon, and it now looks like it is taking a LOT longer to process the albums (after I reopened the program). I may actually be on gone on a hike when it finishes (leaving in the AM), so I may not be able to get back to you until Monday. Hopefully it does it's thing this time. I will let you know!

Thanks!

Hi Spoon,

Thanks a lot for PerfectTUNES AccurateRip. It is a very nice and exciting tool.

I would like to report one minor drawback : the only way to scan the library (after having added new albums for instance) is exit from PerfectTunes and then start it again in order to trigger the scan.

A refresh function in the UI could be interesting ?

Regards.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just tried the AccurateRip functionality and rescanned my collection to see how well the current version works for me. For my needs,

1) There are still too many AccurateRip database misses. Many albums reported as "not present in accuraterip" and tracks listed as "unverifiable" are in fact in the AR databases available when I ripped and currently available via foobar2000 and Cuetools AR checks.
    2) Some multi-disc albums are incorrectly reported as "incomplete albums", and it appears to be cases where the album is multidisc (and I have all the discs) but PerfectTunes thinks all the tracks should just be on a single disc
    - for example, Trevor Jones' score for the movie Dark City is reported as incomplete and should have 38 tracks on a single disc, while I have the score on two discs of 24 and 14 tracks, respectively. I believe I have the two discs reasonably and accurately tagged in the album, album artist, tracknumber, tracktotal, discnumber and disctotal fields. For what it's worth, the album tag field contents for each disc are "Dark City (Score) (Disc 1)" and "Dark City (Score) (Disc 2)", respectively, with Trevor Jones as the album artist for both discs.
    3) I wish there was a more robust way to handle compilation albums, because the way I tag them seems to confuse PerfectTunes into thinking my compilations are incomplete. More specifically, I wish albums that have a compilation tag field value of 1 would ignore the artist and album artist tag fields and just aggregate and differentiate tracks just based on the album tag field contents.

I know this tool is at the beginning of its life, so looking forward to its evolution!

Administrator

The track count tag for disc one is set to 24 and 14 for disc 2?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes