title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Been doing some testing again. I am pretty sure some of these issues are known, but in any case:

* Some of my CDs, or single track on CDs, are 24 bits because they were ripped with that pesky HDCD DSP.
    - Most of them return the Not Lossless CD Format message.
    - But not consistent. I have at least one compilation, which has one of its tracks in 24-bit. On screen it shows up as
    Track 8 Has Errors
    but in the Match Details text file:
    Track 8: Cannot Check: Not CD Quality

* Tracks 'Unverifiable' because of 'Not Enough Information in AccurateRip to Verify' (that's what happens when some but not all tracks are in AR) - show up under Albums with ripping errors.
    That's a quite harsh message to send to the user! Albums which are completely missing from AR, then you get the right information, but for albums which have some tracks, the user is told that there are ripping errors?

* For the Cannot Check section, there is no (i) Match Details to pick up detailed information.

* Discs with HTOA as track 0, seem to show up as incomplete. I guess the final PerfectTunes release will know how dBpoweramp stores HTOA.

dBpoweramp Guru

More:

- There are some albums that PerfectTunes claim are InAccurate, while CUETools' AR lookup verifies them (appears to me to be first or last tracks, but there could be others). Some of these were also verified as Accurate upon ripping.

- While most (?) 24-bit files show up as not CD quality, there are actually some 24-bit files that are read and checked.
    One of my CDs ( 018-0021d94d-01c356ca-e40be212-* ) has got HDCD on tracks 4,5,6,10,13,14 and 15, and those turn up as "Have Errors".

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    I guess the final PerfectTunes release will know how dBpoweramp stores HTOA.
    And how CDs with data sessions work. And use dBpoweramp-written AccurateRip-related tags for identification.

I guess that for various artists albums or splits, PerfectTunes could very well perform a check under the "one folder per disc"; assumption. If you get an AR match that way, then surely it is a match.
    Last edited by Porcus; 02-12-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: This forum doesn't support "smart quotes"

dBpoweramp Guru

some albums that PerfectTunes claim are InAccurate, while CUETools' AR lookup verifies them (appears to me to be first or last tracks, but there could be others)
    Found three middle-of-CD tracks on the same disc, which CUETools think verifies AR, but PerfectTunes does not.

Administrator

Can up upload this album to somewhere (like dropbox) and send us a link?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Can up upload this album to somewhere (like dropbox) and send us a link?
    PM Posted, Pinpointing Particular Porcine Perfecttunes Problems.

dBpoweramp Guru

geeh, I'm performing monologues here, but to correct myself:

Found three middle-of-CD tracks on the same disc, which CUETools think verifies AR, but PerfectTunes does not.
    ... they were merely on the same title, not the same disc :o
    (Those I did send do have the same issue, but not three tracks on a disc.)

While I am at it: silent tracks are logged without comment.

Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 3, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC ECD8661E] V:\1\Evereve {2001}[...]
    Track 13: V:\1\Evereve {2001} [...]

It just says nothing. Likely, user would want to know that this is because nulls aren't “verified” (but that there is no other one on record that indicates it is wrong ... that is checked right?)

Any suggestions for restoring a database after Album Art crashes? I have 110,000 songs across 5500 albums and collections. It took 2 days to listen to my collection -- which I hope we can speed up, but its OK with me -- and I only made it through the "B" artists before the program hung.

I chose "Wait for program to respond" a number of times before (accidentally) hitting "close program."

When I restart, it begins the process of indexing my collection all over again.

Is there any way I can point it to the previous index? The file locations are the exact same, although they live on a folder on WHS2011, while I'm running the program on my desktop.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thedigitalhobo View Post
    When I restart, it begins the process of indexing my collection all over again.
    But when done indexing, it does not start to listen from scratch, right?

Not sure, it hasnt finished, and looks to be taking hours. How long should it take to re-index? Should I stop it and let it go to the "processing albums" instead?

I'm unclear as to what is "indexing" what is "listening" and what is "processing albums," if each runs every time I start the app, and how long each should take, and when to get nervous that something isn't right.

When I quit the Indexing and let it Process, it took under an hour and found 94 albums without art, 1600 low res art, and 120 previously fixed albums. Seems pretty close to what I'd expected.

Is there any way to see how long it will take to index without just letting it run?

Also, the "previously fixed albums" dont seem to be showing the fixed album art size. Or it didn't fix them. All of the "fixed" albums are showing 300x300 art and smaller, when I've been "fixing" to 1000x1000 or bigger when I can.

Event the albums "without art" when I click "Fix" show Existing Art. Very confused.
    Last edited by thedigitalhobo; 02-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.

It does appear to start listening from scratch. Its showing that its "listening" again to 68526 tracks and will take 20 hours. This is after a full scan and listen that took 2 days.

Administrator

There are possibly 2 issues at play here:

1) the high number of files are causing our database to corrupt, this is self discovered and a rescan initiated.
    2) tagging stuck on a file for an unknown reason.

If the same happens as before, we will need your database file.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There are possibly 2 issues at play here:

1) the high number of files are causing our database to corrupt, this is self discovered and a rescan initiated.
    2) tagging stuck on a file for an unknown reason.

If the same happens as before, we will need your database file.
    happy to send. Which files should I send? PM to you?

Administrator

It is not possible to send just now, you would have to wait until Album Art program freezes, then look in (type into explorer):

%appdata%\perfecttunes

The files might be 4GB in size...perhaps upload somewhere like dropbox, then PM (personal message) the link.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Will this application run on a RipNAS? Are there any special instuctions on where to save the files?