title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Does PerfectTunes modify file modified-date once an albumart is fixed?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes! I was just looking at some wrong content!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Suggestion; running through de-dup i half-frequently run across tracks that are detected as duplicates where the track has no IDtags for artist,title etc.
    It would be nice if Perfectunes could have an option to supply the correct metadata for these files from the duplicate that has such metadata filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmaster View Post
    That is easy there are numerous sites the specialize in album art. Google images does a very good job as well. The only thing you have to know is which cover to get if there is more then one release of a particular album. A real treasure is Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/) it is a online database of music, album art, track listing and how many releases, etc, just put an album, band, or artist in the search engine. As for adding album art that too is easy dBpoweramp has a nifty tag editor. I don't remember if is part of the CD ripper or the converter but I have used it for many years does album art as well as the editing of the track information.
    Well I was asking specifically about the PerfectTunes album art program, I already know how to go about it in other ways.

I'm trying to get my head around the errors in my music collection and what the accuraterip program reports. This is what I've found so far:

Scan errors (also found in the file !ProcessingErrors.txt):

- Scan errors, files that are corrupt

The drop down choice called "Albums With Ripping Errors" (where I can export the full list to a text file):

- Ripping errors, tracks with errors = "Track InAccurate"
    - Ripping errors, tracks that are unverifiable = "Not Enough Information in AccurateRip to Verify"
    - Short tracks that can't be checked = "Track too short for AccurateRip Verification"

The drop down choice called "Albums Not Present in AccurateRip"

This list is very odd cause in addition to listing rare cd's that might not be in the database it also contains a lot of very well known and popular cd's that must be in the AccurateRip database but still are reported as "Not in AccurateRip". I have over 1000 cds in this list, but some examples are Alison Krauss, America, Amos Lee, Arctic Monkeys...

I haven't found a way to export these results to a text file, is there a way to do this?

The drop down choice called "Albums Cannot Check"

- "Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD original" (a lot of cd's here that do have the correct number of tracks, this confuses me a bit??)
    - "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album" (will look into these, also a bit odd)
    - "Cannot Check: Not Lossless CD Quality" (here I find my hi-res hdtracks, my DVD-audio rips and so on. No problem)

I haven't found a way to export these results to a text file, is there a way to do this?

Administrator

It is not possible to export the not present. It can be not present if the disc is a CD extra and our 2nd database for matching tracks >> CD Extra disc id is missing that disc. We are at a database of 890,000 (where as AccurateRip knows of 2M cds)

How many discs do you have in total?

>- "Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD original" (a lot of cd's here that do have the correct number of tracks, this confuses me a bit??)

Not missing tracks, but a track length which does not divide by 588 samples (the track is shorter than the one on CD).

Hiya, I've just stumbled across the fact that PerfectTUNES exists!

I'm using Linux, & trying to test PerfectTUNES via WINE > it's not working too well...

The problem I'm having is that when it asks for my email address at startup to "register account", when I enter my email address, an error dialog pops up stating: "could not connect".

I've disabled my firewall entirely. I don't think there's an issue with my system (but I guess it always could be...)
    (NOTE; I've been using dbPowerAMP for over a year on Linux via WINE fairly well (not a good as a native cross-platform QT version could be... but still using most features)).

UPDATE: I've just tested & 100% confirmed that WINE has full working internet access - so it's likely not a network issue?

I think this is a WINE issue? Will PerfectTUNES support Linux via WINE? And is there anything I could do to test?

Thank you
    Last edited by MAD_HATTER; 12-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks for your reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >- "Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD original" (a lot of cd's here that do have the correct number of tracks, this confuses me a bit??)

Not missing tracks, but a track length which does not divide by 588 samples (the track is shorter than the one on CD).
    Ah! Ok I understand. I will re-rip some and see what I get for results. What is a common cause for this problem? I've ripped most of my cds with EAC and the dbpoweramp ripper. Can this problem come from some setting in EAC being "wrong"?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is not possible to export the not present. It can be not present if the disc is a CD extra and our 2nd database for matching tracks >> CD Extra disc id is missing that disc. We are at a database of 890,000 (where as AccurateRip knows of 2M cds)

How many discs do you have in total?
    6400 in total
    1100 not present(!)

I have some cds that I'm not surprised if they are not in the database, cd-singles of course, odd Swedish cds or odd funk or power-pop cds for example. I also have the habit to make two separate albums from twofers, so they are obviously not present either. But in the list there are lots of very well known cds and all of them can't really be cd extras. Some widely spread cds that I find in the list:

Alison Krauss : Forget about it
    Amos Lee : Supply and Demand
    Arctic Monkeys : Whatever people say I am
    Ben Harper : Diamonds on the inside
    Brandy : Brandy
    Coldplay : Parachutes
    Feeder : Comfort in sound
    Imogen Heap : Speak for yourself
    Jacksons : Destiny
    James Morrison : Undiscovered
    James Taylor : Hourglass
    Jellyfish : Spilt milk
    John Mayer : Continuum
    Kent : Verkligen
    Lemonheads : Come on feel the Lemonheads
    Stereophonics : Just enough education to perform
    Talk Talk : It's my life
    Toad The Wet Sprocket : Dulcinea
    Vertical Horizon : Everything you want
    Zapp : Zapp

Some might be cd extras, sorry, I can't remember exactly on each, but all of them can't be?

I seem to have found something I need to do differently. In the "Albums Cannot Check" category I find a bunch of "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album" on 2 CD sets. I suspect I store them incorrectly for PerfectTUNES to understand. I number tracks on CD1 from 101 and up. On CD2 I number them 201 and up. All are in the same directory with the same album name.

Will it help to set the disc number tags to 1 and 2? Currently they are empty. I'll do a quick test...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Thomé View Post
    I seem to have found something I need to do differently. In the "Albums Cannot Check" category I find a bunch of "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album" on 2 CD sets. I suspect I store them incorrectly for PerfectTUNES to understand. I number tracks on CD1 from 101 and up. On CD2 I number them 201 and up. All are in the same directory with the same album name.

Will it help to set the disc number tags to 1 and 2? Currently they are empty. I'll do a quick test...
    Nope, that was NOT the solution

The report now gave me two live albums with the same name, one with 12 and the other with 13 tracks and both "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album" instead of one album with 25 tracks also reported Cannot "Check: Incomplete Album"

Wonder what the correct way is to handle this?

Administrator

Disc number is used to identify albums, make sure it is saved in the correct ID Tag for flac.

>Stereophonics : Just enough education to perform
    >Talk Talk : It's my life

Check these 2 discs please, see if they are CD Extra.

Administrator

>I think this is a WINE issue? Will PerfectTUNES support Linux via WINE? And is there anything I could do to test?

Potentially, we have nothing special in the network code so is likely to be a Wine incompatiblity.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've noticed the same thing. Instead of placing all the files in the same directory, try creating a separate directory for each individual disc.

Example: \Bee Gees\Their Greatest Hits\Disc01\Track01.flac

Any word on when the ID Tag Editor will be added to PerfectTUNES?

Administrator

We work on it this month.