title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Metadata source? GD3 & AudioSAFE (which is user uploads)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Another thought:

- Add multiple cover arts support: very often you may choose from front to back cover or disc image; if multiple covers are present, you could allow multiple covers management (with descriptions)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

- Enable drag and drop from Windows Explorer. Drag a track into perfect tunes window. Handy when only a few tracks are outside of the Music Library, without adding temporary folders to the Library

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sminc View Post
    As a feature request could we have the choice to show more info in the duplicates window.
    The field that I would really like to see to help me choose which to delete is full folder path of each file but others (such as file date etc) could then be added as additional options if requested.
    Yes, please implement. Even showing only the beginning 20chars of the path (if lack of space is a problem) would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSmith View Post
    On dedup it would be nice if you could mark a suggestion to not be made again: I get 1778 duplicates of which there are only a few that I might care about.
    Good idea, please implement.
    Last edited by smisk; 10-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Boingo View Post
    On first run De-Dup didn't play the audio files.
    After a restart play now works.
    Double clicking stops a track rather than auto starts the one you double clicked.
    Clicking on a song then double clicking makes the blue highlight go away when playing rather than stay.
    Same bugs experienced here.

The last one can make all dupeversions of the audio file unselected (non-blue) while still playing audio, making you very uncertain which file is actually playing.

When I try to delete a duplicate file and this for some reason fails, the folder icon and the info "i" for that duplicate goes away and the icon is grayed and the delete button becomes [Deleted] - in effect making it impossible for me to see which folder/file was causing the error, preventing me from resolving a file readonly or permission problem.
    Last edited by smisk; 10-04-2012 at 05:23 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm using perfectunes on a lenovo thinkapd core i5. After few seconds of scannig I see my 4 cpu (cores) going to 100% and I see 4 fingerprintgeneretor.exe *32 taking 25%cpu each. After some minutes the PC becomes very very hot and it auto poweroff. With old versions of perfectunes (when it was just dedup) this problem was not present.
    Last edited by balma01; 10-11-2012 at 07:43 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balma01 View Post
    I'm using perfectunes on a lenovo thinkapd core i5. After few seconds of scannig I see my 4 cpu (cores) going to 100% and I see 4 fingerprintgeneretor.exe *32 taking 25%cpu each. After some minutes the PC becomes very very hot and it auto poweroff. With old versions of perfectunes (when it was just dedup) this problem was not present.
    If software runs your computer hot, then the problem is your computer. Software is supposed to use all the juice the computer will allocate to it, and your computer and OS is supposed to allocate wisely; control the heat, and to shut down as a safety measure when they fail to do so.

Likely solutions:
    - open it and clean it, make sure the fan is spinning as it should.
    - bios settings (maybe clock down if supported ... you haven't been overclocking, have you?). Or maybe a bios update.

Administrator

Exactly, any system should be able to run at 100% using all cores for months on end. If not the system is faulty.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, solved updating the bios.

Keen to try this software out and downloaded and installed the version from the link (6c?). Duplicate detecting aspect runs OK but when I try and run the Album Art program, I get a keep getting the error 'software too old - please update' when I try and enter an email address/register. I'm using Win 7 64bit. Any suggestions. Thanks.

MS

Administrator

We have seen this one time before, we set a version number in the header, if you have any security software which strips the headers then it will not work.

Thanks, Ill try disabling my security software (FSecure) and see it will run

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am looking for a tag editor that will let me write macros. As a stupid example,

[ALBUMARTIST] = [ARTIST]
    [ARTIST] = ""

Would copy the information from the "Artist" field to the "Album Artist" field, then make "Artist" empty.

Will PerfectTUNES do this?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mike48 View Post
    I am looking for a tag editor that will let me write macros. As a stupid example,

[ALBUMARTIST] = [ARTIST]
    [ARTIST] = ""

Would copy the information from the "Artist" field to the "Album Artist" field, then make "Artist" empty.

Will PerfectTUNES do this?

Thanks!
    dbpa with ID TAG UPDATE can easily do this. mp3tag can easily do this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, Gary. I'll study mp3tag some more. I looked and couldn't find such a thing, but clearly I just overlooked it.