title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user2112
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2009

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Just tried perfect tunes album art on one of my larger drives. I selected the fix all button. The stats I get are 5422 total albums, 511 low res albums, 1027 previously fixed albums and 2836 albums without art. The thing is that lots of these '2836 albums without art' are easily googled and have pictures of albums readily available. So not really sure what I've done wrong or not done etc. but it hasn't worked as I'd hoped/expected.
    Any pointers please?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Can you give an example of a popular album, I need Album Artist + Album name exactly as they are stored in the file.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
        Can you give an example of a popular album, I need Album Artist + Album name exactly as they are stored in the file.
        Alan Parsons Project
        A Valid Path

Suzi Quatro
        A's, B's & Rarities

the above copied from ID-Tag tab in the properties menu of the file

Thanks Spoon

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We do not have those album arts (we have about 40 arts for each of those respective artists). Over time our database fills...
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2009

can I access the other 40 to choose a suitable temporary solution? With 2836 missing it would be useful to do that for frequently used albums.
            thnx

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The artworks are for different albums.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jul 2009

The artworks are for different albums.
                Yes I understand that. Would be good to be able to show all the available artworks though. I can then use a generic picture until the real one becomes available. - better than none and easier than googling. would be nice if that option was available to us. (I suppose I could rename a tag but then I'd need to know what you actually have and then edit a file etc - I doubt it will be worth the effort - great to just choose from what you had by artist or something)
                thnx

Comment

• pfabrice37
                  • Sep 2012

Hi all,

I have played with De-Dup some time ago, and I loved it because I have been able to export my duplicate list to some text file. I reinstalled De-Dup on my new computer, ran it again and ... I can't find anyway to export the duplicate list anymore. What am I doing wrong ? I can't believe this feature has been removed ?

Thanks for all your good piece of software guys,

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Click the Settings button on the tool bar, there is the export option.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pfabrice37
                      • Sep 2012

Click the Settings button on the tool bar, there is the export option.
                      I wish I could see it. I only have 2 blocks : Music Library and Options. Music library allows me to add folders. There are 3 items under Options : Deleted files to recycle bin, Confirm file deletion and Confirm Read-only file deletion. Can't find anything else. Albeit De-Dup has listened about 50000 flac files and found 18000 duplicates.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Perhaps you have an older version installed, as there are 2 extra lines in the options section 'Export Duplicate List' and 'Clear Database Cache'
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pfabrice37
                          • Sep 2012

That's my conclusion. The De-Dup executable is 1.0.0.3 (found with properties in file explorer). And there is no AccurateRip in the package installed.
                          Sorry for the noise. Don't know how I could have messed up this way. I reinstalled and that's ok now.

Comment

• smisk
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2009

Please add an option to skip all non-lossless tracks in Perfectunes AccurateRip (option needs to be able to disable/re-enable scanning per run, i.e. first i'd like to run only my lossless file, next time i start the program i want to leave the program running overnight to check all my mp3 files, third time i run it i just want to scan the lossless files again, including anything recently added )

Comment

• smisk
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by coconut
                              2. Would it be possible to add an option, which allows to find all the album art which are not squares (i.e. their resolution is X * Y, where X <> Y ) ?
                              Unfortunately - some CPs (and media servers) don't rescale the art during rendering ...
                              Please allow some % tolerance here. A lot of my art is 600 x 597 and suchlike.

Comment

• LuckyLuciano
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Aug 2012

My first test with the current beta. Works very, very well! Congrats!

Now my two cents:

- don't scan entire music collection on first start; possibily ask user what is the default folder before starting

- Allow "fix all" also for the entire track list, not only for the tracks missing arts or those arts not matching the proper criteria

- Fix possible exceptions such as AC/DC (currently tagged as AC;DC will lead to an artist called AC)

- In the results windows, add a "Stop" button to halt cover art search

- You could add a maximum results text box

- On 2 seconds mouse over, show a 1:1 preview of the image; handy to verify before inserting; wonderful if you could place side by side current art and previewed art!

- Add "Rescan All" & "Rescan" (per track) button (avoids exiting the program to refresh list)

- On demand, disable the smooth scrolling

Questions:

- What source do you use?

Comment

Working...

]]>