title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Top right next to minimise is the settings button.

I have a problematic use case for PerfectTUNES Album Art + iTunes.

I tried to fix low quality art for several of my albums. PTAA adds new cover as second image inside file. But iTunes displays only first one in UI.
    I searched iTunes for some config to prefer better quality if available, but didn't find anything.

Maybe I'm just missing some simple solution, but without it PTAA+iTunes just a method to increase music library size with info which never displayed to user.
    PS: And manual removal of old low quality art is surely not an option.

Administrator

It is designed to replace the art, not compliment it. What audio format are your files in?

Most files are MP3 and latest - ALAC. Tested PTAA with ALAC and indeed existing art was replaced. But for MP3 it's not replacement, but addition. Easily reproduced.
    PS: Don't know if it's important, but I use "Fix" button (to process albums one by one), not "Fix Albums" in batch.

Administrator

Please send one mp3 file (before PerfectTunes adds art) to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

File sent.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This is normal as the track is decoded and actually listened to generate a finger print.
    Does it use the MusicIP fingerprints or AcoustID if stored in the files?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by TJOz View Post
    Spoon - is there a possibility of making the "fingerprinter" available as a library that could be called by other applications? I would be more than happy to pay for this sort of functionality.

I have about 13k tracks and don't want to delete duplicate tracks as I want to keep CDs complete, what I want to do is delete (and sell) CDs whose tracks are all duplicates and as I have many compilations this could be a few. Plus this is a great way of matching tracks, not just to identify duplicates, but to identify mistagged tracks that would otherwise not be found. I have already written an app that does this, but it relied on tags, so step one was getting tags right. The idea of the fingerprinter kills two birds with one stone - helps fix tags and identifiess duplicates by content not tags - brilliant!!
    There are ways to do that with the MusicIP fingerprint (PUID) and i believe it is also possible with AcoustID. Google for "GENPUID" and for "AcoustID" respectively

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just installed Perfect tunes yesterady and I ran Artwork completion on my 30.000+ library, it's nothing short of amazing how few matches were made.
    Biggest reason seams to be files from compilations trying to match up the album name with the track artist instead of the VA artist. Suggest to add option to try all albums against VA if not found for the specific track artist.
    (file has correct track artist, correct track name and correct album name but PerfectTunes still does not find a match for the album since i guess there either is no album artist tag or the album artist has been wrongly set to same as track artist.)

I ran the file consistency checker also, which seems to only make sense for lossless files. I only scanned my mp3 library so no bad accuraterip matches were made.
    However it also flagged 4 of my own-ripped mp3 files as faulty. I'd like very much if the program could print out a short message about each file why it was found to be faulty.

(MusicIP mixer program included a tool like this for registered users, in the PowerTools menu "Validate Audio" it found some files with jumping sound (i.e. song sounds like a scratched cd surface) and possibly some other validation, something about file size also)

Here is some sample output from that program to give you an idea what it did (MusicIP is no longer produced and not availaible for new registrations)
    Q:\Qmultimedia\oldmp3\albums\Berlin 1927-35 (AGP36)\- Berlin 13 Hindemith Trautonium.flac
    Decoding error (unable to get valid audio data)
    Q:\Qmultimedia\oldmp3\mp3\Beach Boys\The Beach Boys - Sloop John B.mp3
    Validation failed (file may be corrupt)
    Q:\Qmultimedia\oldmp3\albums\Popular Koto Melodies of Japan\Chinese Masterpieces for the Cheng - Track19.flac
    Validation failed (file may be corrupt)
    Q:\Qmultimedia\oldmp3\albums\VA-Hits For Kids-Vol.18-2007-kl\Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend.mp3
    Size error: 15 vs 358

Hello,
    I have just installed the Perfect Tunes, and managed to test the Album Art App.
    Two notes/requests:
    1. When I try to fix the art (with "embed the art" and "extract the art to Folder.jpg file" options enabled) I receive the message, that an error has occurred during writing to a file.
    The result for a particular album, is that part of the files are fixed, "Folder.jpg" is updated, but there are always some files, which have not been updated
    2. Would it be possible to add an option, which allows to find all the album art which are not squares (i.e. their resolution is X * Y, where X <> Y ) ?
    Unfortunately - some CPs (and media servers) don't rescale the art during rendering ...

thanks and regards
    coconut
    Last edited by coconut; 08-27-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: fix the text

Administrator

Perhaps some of the files are read only? or a program is using them?

Perhaps some of the files are read only? or a program is using them?
    No - it is not the reason. Few seconds later I have been able to update them using dbpoweramp integrated with windows system pull down menu
    ("Edit ID tags" option).
    And BTW - I store the FLACs on a shared SMB disk (File server works under Linux).
    Last edited by coconut; 08-27-2012 at 09:35 AM.

1. How do I tell De-Dup where to find all my music files?
    I am using Perfect Tunes De-Dup to find duplicates. I am running Windows 7 Home 6-bit. It works fine on the Libraries/My Music directory on my C drive (where I have 20GB of files) but I can not see any way to tell De-Dup to also search other directories where I have music stored (in my case E:\My Music where I have 60 GB of files). There are no drop down menus or option buttons that I could see - the program just starting searching for dups immediately I run it. How do I tell De-Dup where to look for files?

2. Is there is some documentation for Perfect Tunes?
    let me know where to download it because it did not install in the Windows Program menu when I ran the install.

3. How do I display the version number without running the program?
    I downloaded PerfectTunes from this website on 8/16/12. I tried right clicking on the EXE to see the release number but the properties did not display this. I am not sure if this is a Windows 7 issue or an option you can pick when compiling the EXE. When I used to program there was a way to set the version number in the EXE properties, not sure if you can still do that.

Thanks for you help

Administrator

Click the settings button (top right, next to close and minimize)

2. Not currently

3. Version numbers are not implemented in the beta just yet. For beta, occasionally check this main thread and look for updates to the program (which are date based).

Click the settings button (top right, next to close and minimize)

2. Not currently

3. Version numbers are not implemented in the beta just yet. For beta, occasionally check this main thread and look for updates to the program (which are date based).
    Thanks for the fast reply. The spanner icon for settings did it. I never noticed that before. you might want to add a button or menu option in addition for settings. This is a great product!