title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuciano

- Don't scan entire music collection on first start; possibily ask user what is the default folder before starting

- Allow "fix all" also for the entire track list, not only for the tracks missing arts or those arts not matching the proper criteria

- Fix possible exceptions such as AC/DC (currently tagged as AC;DC will lead to an artist called AC)

- In the results windows, add a "Stop" button to halt cover art search

- You could add a maximum results text box

- On 2 seconds mouse over, show a 1:1 preview of the image; handy to verify before inserting; wonderful if you could place side by side current art and previewed art!

- Add "Rescan All" & "Rescan" (per track) button (avoids exiting the program to refresh list)

- On demand, disable the smooth scrolling

- Enable drag and drop from Windows Explorer. Drag a track into perfect tunes window. Handy when only a few tracks are outside of the Music Library, without adding temporary folders to the Library

- Add multiple cover arts support: very often you may choose from front to back cover or disc image; if multiple covers are present, you could allow multiple covers management (with descriptions)
    Of the above feature requests, will there be any of them that will be implemented?

Administrator

Possibly some yes

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No "scoop"? :smile2:

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon maybe you should set a timelimit before first post, to avoid spam :-)

after playing around with this for a bit, 8 of my albums are listed as "Cannot Check: Not in AccurateRip" whereas using foobar2000's verifier plugin, they verify with AccurateRip just fine.

dBpoweramp Guru

Are you able to send me one of those albums? But first make sure the disc number is the same for all tracks on the album, and the album name is the same also.

sure thing. maybe could use dropbox.

Have tried de-dup serveral times. This is a very nice tool.

Removing duplicates is very easy.

Removing "possible matches" is difficult.
    - sometimes matches are (as far as i can see) based on duration of the track
    - i'm not sure the mentoned bitrate is vbr or not
    - often tracks only seem to be different on duration
    - fortunately (almost) identical tracks with typing mistakes in artist of trackname are are matched

I am wondering if an indicator/rating of the technical quality (bitrate, noise, frequencie range etc etc) can be calculated to help choosing me which one to delete.
    I realise this is dangerous because when a source is poor the technical quality can be good.
    I now listen to the first minute of each track with my headphone on. When the sound identical i will choose to delete the one with lowest rating

I use PerfecTunes beta6c mainly for album art. Very useful. Initially, it was stated: "This beta will timeout in December 2012." Is time-limit still applicable ? Thanks for any clarification, adca1

Administrator

I will release an update very soon.

Somethimes i get strange "Possible Matches"

Like this one:
    Scooter - Trance-AtI!antic
    Mindl The Gap
    7:53 ! Mp3 192 kbps

DJ Zagros - Shine
    IEuphoria: IHard IHouse, Vol. 2
    0:40 ! MP3 56 kbps

Sorry, have not found out how to attach pictures/printscreens

Administrator

Finger printing is based on matching certain parts of the audio, such as beats. Although it might not make the first release, DeDup will use a 2nd fingerprint at the same time, reducing considerably these false positives.

I now used AccurateRip too.
    I asume it is the latest version although ik can't see a versionnumber.
    To me AccurateRip is Less userfriendly than de-dup. I can not easily jump to the file to tag it as "corrupt" and i did not find a possibility to save a logfile.
    I found 273 corrupted tracks. It will take hours (in al collection of 25K en hundreds of folders) to tag this files als corrupt.

Thinking about it i wonder why de-dup and AccurateRip are not combined to one program:
    - they both have to scan the musiccollection
    - they both have as goal to improve musiccollection quality
    - how can one decide which double song to keep if you don't know which one is corrupt?

Just my opinion as a beginner-user.

Great to see this product! - I'm a keen user of dbPowerAmp and have built up a pretty large ripped track collection - increasingly I've been looking for ways of tidying it up* - mainly deduping and standardising naming and this looks like it will do the trick

Have downloaded and will start fiddling with it soon.

*even wrote a couple of library management utilities in VS but getting to the metadata in the tags is tricky (and unfortunately a bit slow using the dbPoweramp DLLs

Not sure if this is where I mention some new feature suggestions? I have 3:
    1. Add the last part of the file path in the display - that should be able to indicate if the music is contained in two folders of the same name but on different paths
    2. Add the date the file was last modified or created - sometimes you rip a track with errors then do it again (at a later time to fix the errors) and end up putting it in a different place; and
    3. If the delete ends up deleting all files in a folder ask if we want to also delete the folder (just good housekeeping sort of thing)

Purely suggestions - I really like what I am seeing