title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    Not PerfectTunes specific, but:
    I can only guess that this "Inaccurate" term was chosen at a time when one wasn't aware of the crosspressing offset issue. For releases with different pressings, and software without crosspress-checking (like, older dBpoweramp ... I did the bulk of my ripping four years ago), then this "Inaccurate" is ... well, an inaccurate description. Sure, if you got 9 tracks Accurate (5) and one track Inaccurate (4), then you would assume yours were wrong. But if all tracks were Inaccurate (5) but Secure, then the "Inaccurate (5)" statement wouldn't be very informative (that is, you have to know that it doesn't mean what it suggests). With crosspressing verification, though, "Inaccurate" is closer to truth.
    Porcus, I appreciate the attempt to clarify, and if the Rip log above were from a few years ago, then this would probably explain the difference in results. But in this case I'm still confused, because I performed the rip with the latest 14.3 beta that should be checking across pressings like PerfectTunes, against the same databases.

If Ripper and PerfectTunes are checking the same rip against the same databases, I would expect the same results even if the terms used were slightly different. But in this case, I believe I have different results that cannot be explained by the actual terms used. If PerfectTUNES really determined that tracks 1-5 were in the AR1 database and determined that mine do not match 5 other submissions, why could not Ripper determine the same? The Ripper guide seems quite explicit that "secure" still means no ripping errors were detected, but no match was found in any AR database. Even the display in the Ripper window showed (quote) x AR Secure (green check) (endquote), which in the guide is explained as meaning no errors but no AR match was found.

This is the only result across the two tools wth my collection that puzzles me, but I can't help but wonder why, especially since I can't rip on another CD drive to see what happens (I only have one computer with one CD drive). The disc sounds OK to me, so I guess this is one of those things for which there is not a definitive explanation (or at least one worth the time to completely resolve). Most importantly I've never had a rip report OK and sound bad (outside of bad mastering) with Ripper, so my faith in these tools in undiminished.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    Good point - I assumed the HDCD flag was set per disc rather than per track - obviously this isn't the case. As for the log, although it's no longer flagging anything up, I can see that the tracks PerfectTUNES flagged up originally were the ones that were ripped to 24 bit rather than 16 on CD1.
    I didn't note other albums that had errors, so it'll take me another day or so to re-run PerfectTUNES against my original collection (I set it only to look at the new drive so it looks as if it'll have to re-scan) and I'll dump the log for all errored tracks and see if it is the same thing there too.
    Good news! All of my discs showing inaccurate or unable to be checked are 24 bit files from HDCD discs. I've now re-ripped without the HDCD DSP and all is now well.

Thanks

Mick

PerfectTUNES Beta Testing Issues

On first run De-Dup didn't play the audio files.

After a restart play now works.

There is no forward or back button to switch between duplicate tracks for checking.

Double clicking stops a track rather than auto starts the one you double clicked.

Clicking on a song then double clicking makes the blue highlight go away when playing rather than stay.

Dragging the program to the far left, far right, top or bottom doesn't auto size the window to fit area.

Having maximized and then shrunk the window, the albums don't make a single row, leaving one row on the left and one mostly hidden on the right, there is no side scroll bar to go from left to right to view them.

The program doesn't update itself if the folder holding music is deleted, or in any way changed. A new instance has to be run to show a difference.

Always runs as full screen when starting

Anti-aliasing of the rounded corners is a bit badly done, and the x on the player is a bit too high

the PerfectTUNES: De-Dup middle name bar area doesn't sit well with the rest of the gui around it.

Album with Japanese Kanji in the name, when clicking on folder icon opens User folder instead of where album is located.

A way to tell De-Dup that this file is not a duplicate of another so it can be removed from the matches list.

Choose Album Art
    When sorting Largest to Smallest the size of the PerfectTUNES art shrinks, art originally reported as 1000x1000 became 600x600, I thought it was a size limit in options, I changed the limit to 1400x1400, then tried another album which gave a 600x600, when sorted it becomes 300x300, when added at the 300x300 it stays at that size, and when added at the 600x600 it stays that size.

Trying to view the album art in album art tag from musicbrainz or foobar2000 doesn't seem to show (FLAC files), haven't tried other programs.

Where does PerfectTUNES get its album artwork from? an iTunes script? album art exchange? Amazon? The mentioning of 1000x1000 or greater is nice, however hoping it is good art instead of upscaled and damaged or artifacted versions.

AccurateRip
    All corrupted files are mp3 and a wmv, after fixing or removing those files it shows what I assume normal is.

Administrator

We use a commercial GD3 database for art.

Are there plans to add PerfectTunes options/functionality to dBpoweramp? I just ripped a big collection and it seems like it would be more efficient if I had been able to utilize Album Art up front during the ripping process. This would have been an ounce of prevention for the pound of no art or low resolution issues I am now working to fix. I will say that Album Art is performing this task beautifully albeit slowly but surely through the hundreds of albums. I know I would be willing to pay upgraded pricing for a dBpoweramp bundle that would leverage Album Art during the ripping process.

Album Art
    Having the view set to all albums, and scrolling down then back up has a weird graphical error. Sometimes it will switch back to showing low resolution albums, or after sorting by album it reverted to artist - album, however after a minute or so it sticks with the new choice

Art that is within the folder should be shown even if named oddly.

Have art that lacks the "Parental Advisory Explicit Content" badge

Ability to double click on an album art to view it.

Ability to choose from versions (Deluxe, Expanded, Original, Other countries) without having to specify them in the search box.

Having PerfectTUNES art stick around so you can choose it after looking through others.

Some of the art or most of it is a bit random or seems off color, like the reds for 30 Seconds to Mars, or the clearness of The Cinematics A Strange Education, or The Classic Crime Albatross. I think the scanner they used wasn't very good at its job.

Some of the search function is a bit odd. Alan Menken - Aladdin Produced a professional school photo of a girl, a sample of some sheet music, a forum like tweet about tv.

AccurateRip
    Way to check the CRC/MD5 of the files even if they are an incomplete album or have different track lengths than original cd

Not in AccurateRip of pretty common albums like Flyleaf by Flyleaf or Incubus S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Explanation of the Errors. Maybe a way to rescan to double check.

Way to auto download Lyrics
    Last edited by Boingo; 07-28-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Hi,

I have run the Album Art tool and found lots of small resolution files. On first run, changing the files produced an error and wouldn't update.
    Before running the program a second time, I removed the system, hidden & read only flags from all of the folder.jpg files. The album art files now update correctly.

So, it looks like a check of the attributes or a trap for system protected album art files is needed.

Cheers.
    Last edited by cornishman; 07-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Administrator

If someone has set the files to read only, our program is correct to not try to overwrite those files...(and show an error)

Hi Spoon,

Sorry, I should have added that MS media player often changes these attributes automatically as part of its library import. The album artwork will then be set read-only without the user's intention.
    Therefore, they would not be expecting this to fail (as I had done previously, hence the need to fix them now...)

Maybe a program option could provide this override with the user's permission?

Also, yes the program was correct not to overwrite the art, but the message displayed on the screen just said that it failed to write.
    There was no mention of the fact that the file is set to be read only by the OS and so the program is unable to overwrite it.

This takes a leap of intuition to tie this to the fact that the write failed because the file is set to be read only by a separate MS programme (You know how obvious windows displays its file permissions...)

Howdy - just ran the program on my library, and 66 files came back with the same error - but the only details in the log are (same error for all of them):

Error Unable to Process Audio File, is Corrupted?

I checked several of the files and they seem to play fine, and checking back a couple of pages but didn't see the same error come up. Any ideas?

Administrator

What type of files are they?

Hi Spoon,

With Beta 6C I am still getting these "Error Writing to File" messages when trying to fix Album Art for tracks that have low resolution album art. However, it behaves a little bit different now: When I close PerfectTUNES after it presumably failed to update the album art and restart it, the album that I just touched will be rescanned (at least it appears in the splash screen for a brief moment) and won't list in the "Low Resolution Albums" section anymore. Instead it is being listed in the "Previously Fixed Albums" section, reflecting the new album art resolution.

Files are stored locally, the user I am logged in with is the owner of the files and folders scanned by PerfectTUNES and all files are neither hidden nor read-only.

Edit: Okay, just noticed that there is a setting "Export Art To" and it was set to "folder.jpg", but there weren't any folder.jpg files in the folders of albums that I tried to fix with PerfectTUNES. I have just set this to "no export" and now I am not getting any errors when trying make changes to album art. So looks like it is failing to write that folder.jpg file. Now I have turned off "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" in Windows Explorer (Win7 Premium 64bit) and to my surprise there is now a folder.jpg that appears to have the hidden attribute set as well as being marked as a system file (it is not set to read-only). What to do now?

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Gundy
    Last edited by Gundy; 08-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.

I find myself wishing for a way to export, or display, a list of non-duplicate tracks. I just had a circumstance where I had to compare an old backup of a music archive against one downloaded from Google Music and the difference in naming of the files makes normal directory sync utilities useless.

The audio fingerprint that PerfectTUNES generates would come in very handy about now.

Question:

I am trying to use use PerfectTunes on WHS 2011, where Reference works fine. I do not have Asset, since I use Squeezebox Server.

When I start PerfectTunes, it starts in full screen mode (this can not be changed to a windows mode, which would be more appropriate), and I can not access any configuration page, where I could define, where my music collection is stored. It is not stored in the directory provided by WHS for music files.

Did I understand something wrong? How can you use und configure PerfectTunes?

I hope to get help in this respect, since I would like to add album art or album art of higher resolution to my music files.

Best,
    O-W