title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheDan View Post
    Windows 10 x64 PerfectTUNES R2.1

Today I copied a music folder that was in my phone to PC and wanted to isolate the new music files (Ones that aren't in my PC) that I had added to the folder from my phone through various sources. De-Dup detected the some files and I deleted them and when I was going to copy the music left by it to the relevant folders in my PC I found files in my PC with exact names and bit rates and duration. Only the size was different by few 1000 bytes due to not having album art embedded to some tracks. Also I'm sure these files are 2 copies single file. I can submit the files for you if you want to have a look at the issue.

P.S: I have being using the programme since it's beta releases and I pretty well familiar of it.
    If you run accuraterip it will tell you that these 4 files are corrupted, that is why they cannot be compared to the 4 others which are not corrupted.

Would you consider a Mac version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    Would you consider a Mac version of this?
    I too would love a Mac version, but they have said multiple times in multiple threads that the answer is (sadly) no.

Is it possible to have the Itunes Dupe Mass Delete use a folder other than Recycle-Bin to deposit dupe song titles. This way you would have a way to correct any mistakes with dupes if discovered later. Being able to choose anothe rfoler to use would be a great benefit. I am a regestered user of Dedupe 3.1 Thanks

Administrator

You can send to the recycle bin, then straight after drag them out of the recycle bin to a different location.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can send to the recycle bin, then straight after drag them out of the recycle bin to a different location.

Yes you can, but if you are dealing with hundreds of files in a mass delete, it can be risky. It would be nice to be able to add an option to make a new folder to send the dupes to for reevaluation at your convenience. When you use recycle bin there are size limitations and you could accidentally clean it with dupes in it.

I have a large Itunes music folder 31,304 songs but over the years I have accumalated a ton of dupes or same songs from different albums and have tried many different dupe programs to clean up the mess. Here is a recent count using differnt sources Reported Dupes Itunes Software

Reported Dupes from Itunes

10183 songs From Itunes As of Dec 16 2018

5597 songs Similarity As of Dec 16 2018

12914 songs Perfect Tunes DeDup As of Dec 16 2018

3372 songs Tune Sweeper Software as of Dec 16 2018

See my problem and effort to try to clean it up. Putting a mass dupe dump in a new folder seems the best way to deal with the effort to clean up and reevalute.
    Last edited by dgoto; 12-17-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgoto View Post
    Yes you can, but if you are dealing with hundreds of files in a mass delete, it can be risky. It would be nice to be able to add an option to make a new folder to send the dupes to for reevaluation at your convenience. When you use recycle bin there are size limitations and you could accidentally clean it with dupes in it.
    So based on my concerns about putting 500-2000 songs in the recycle bin, is there any possibly of a future modification allowing for dumping files to an alternative folder beside Recycle Bin?

Administrator

We can add to the wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We can add to the wish list.
    Thanks for the consideration

Hi - Hoping this is the right thread for this

I am wondering if there would be any possibility to add Discogs as an internet source for Album Art?