title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectTUNES discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johncan
    • Oct 2009

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

What characters so you suggest I use instead of ( )? What is your code not designed to ignore?

Other than that, the beta is working nicely.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If you create a new album name, then you will get no art, as the matching is done on album name.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johncan
        • Oct 2009

I don't understand.

Here is what the folder and file structure looks like.

Allman Brothers Band\1973 - Brothers and Sisters\Allman Brothers Band-Brothers And Sisters- 01-Wasted Words

Allman Brothers Band\1973 - Brothers and Sisters (MFSL)\Allman Brothers Band-Brothers And Sisters (MFSL)-01-Wasted Words
        Last edited by Johncan; 05-27-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The main usage of PerfectTunes is automated album art fixing, one click, bang it is done.

PerfectTunes only knows of the album 'Allman Brothers Band-Brothers And Sisters', it does know about different pressings such as MFSL, hence the reason it sees as one album (as that is what it is matching against).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• oldgeek
            • May 2012

Started testing dedup yesterday. I have my music collection (104 k items (!)) on a WHS server, but chose to do the first test by running dedup from my main desktop pc. Shortly after it started, when it had processed about 200 items the message for duration of the process was 1 day and 13 hours. A while later, when about 10 x as many items had been processed, the message was that it would take 4 days to complete. This put me off completely, at least for the chosen solution, as I could probably find most duplicates manually using mediamonkey in that timeframe... I know I have a lot of duplicates, but unless I can process them intelligently by inclusion of information about the album a 'duplicate' belongs to, there will still be a lot of manual checking prior to implementing the final step of 'deduplication'! Since the user interface is not abundant with selection criteria for the dedup process, i am holding off on actually using this potentially useful tool for now!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

There will be display sorting and filtering added to DeDup, just as there is in Album Art.

PS your files only need scanning once, for all the PerfectTunes programs, after they have been scanned only changes are re-cataloged.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stompie
                • Jun 2012

I have a AMD FX-8150 processor, is there any reason why there only 4 cores used to scan for duplicates ?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes, the HDD will be the bottle neck (I have a dev server with 12 real cores, the SSD cannot keepup)
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• invaderkewl
                    • Jan 2011

Hello I just downloaded PerfectTunes and I'm having trouble registering for the AlbumArt section. I keep getting a connection failure. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Now fixed, thanks for reporting.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Feb 2007

Is PerfectTunes supposed to listen to the entire library each run? I have a large collection, so it takes days. If it is not supposed to do so, then it seems to me that crashes and irregularities during comparing (post-'listening') corrupts the 'already listened to' list.

(A suggestion would be to store time for last scan, and listen to only newer files. And for file formats with internal checksum, skip more recently changed files with unchanged checksum. Of course with option to force check. And with option to report wrong checksum or corrupted file.)

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Only changed files are listened to again.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Feb 2007

Hm. Well, then it is probably a bit vulnerable to issues. I've had some upon display – I am probably stressing it a bit with 100 000 files on a three years old dual-core laptop. Having the thing work four days, then lockup after the entire listening process, and then having to start all over (four more days), is a bit annoying.

* Bug: From time to time, it detects the same file as a duplicate. (I click on the folder option on both in the pair, and am led to precisely the same file.) It is no big deal though.

And the record for different songs identified as 'possible' matches: 29 different songs plus a few that are the same song in different recordings/masterings) of 19 different artists -- and 27 songs / 21 artists. Everything from jazz to black metal. Only letters A through C checked.
                            I still think there should be multiple levels of 'possible'.

Also, I would like logging and searching. With about 1 of 5 tracks being reported as duplicates, I am not going to search through twentysomething thousand tracks to find whether these unknown artists match something I already have.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

What locked-up? the computer or PerfectTunes?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                                What locked-up? the computer or PerfectTunes?
                                PerfectTunes. Will try to reproduce using latest version.

Comment

Working...

]]>