title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

> I didn't realize dbpoweramp would not replace existing files but add a new version with the (2) added in.

dBpoweramp would not do this

A request for perfect tunes

Having just transcoded 7500 tracks, perfect tunes reports reports i have 119 inaccurate rips, this is ok i can dig the cd's out and re-rip them, however if I go to print the information text (so I have a list of the discs I need to find) it's coming out at 84 pages !!!

It would be very handy to just create a list of the album titles/artists which contain the failed rips. Then I could print it out and gather those discs before returning to the PC and checking which tracks I need to re-rip.

> I didn't realize dbpoweramp would not replace existing files but add a new version with the (2) added in.

dBpoweramp would not do this
    Actually it does, and in one case when the rip failed, it created a version with (3) in the same folder when I ran it again.
    Last edited by hjkaye; 11-14-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Administrator

It suggests these a temporary files, they should not exist at the end of ripping (the file either replaces the real file, or is deleted if there is an error).

i have a disc which cd ripper reports as acurate

Code:
    Track 17:  Ripped LBA 316416 to 333074 (3:42) in 0:05. Filename: Z:\dBrips\Various Artists\Greatest Hits of the 80's, Disc 5 Disc 5\17 Go West - We Close Our Eyes.flac
      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5)     [Pass 1]
      CRC32: 2AD2D139     AccurateRip CRC: BBFDBA9F     [DiscID: 018-0033c88a-02b4fc73-0b12ab12-17]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv1 bbfdba9f]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 18 [CRCv2 5425c031], Using Pressing Offset +71
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 127 [CRCv1 66a54f37], Using Pressing Offset +71
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 13 [CRCv1 ad79f4f7], Using Pressing Offset +543
    but perfect tunes reports as corupted file

What is the best way to decide which ones right?

thanks dgs

Quote Originally Posted by dgs2001 View Post
    i have a disc which cd ripper reports as acurate

Code:
    Track 17:  Ripped LBA 316416 to 333074 (3:42) in 0:05. Filename: Z:\dBrips\Various Artists\Greatest Hits of the 80's, Disc 5 Disc 5\17 Go West - We Close Our Eyes.flac
      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5)     [Pass 1]
      CRC32: 2AD2D139     AccurateRip CRC: BBFDBA9F     [DiscID: 018-0033c88a-02b4fc73-0b12ab12-17]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv1 bbfdba9f]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 18 [CRCv2 5425c031], Using Pressing Offset +71
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 127 [CRCv1 66a54f37], Using Pressing Offset +71
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 13 [CRCv1 ad79f4f7], Using Pressing Offset +543
    but perfect tunes reports as corupted file

What is the best way to decide which ones right?

thanks dgs
    Please ignore me
    Just realised Im scanning my
    error
    folder :o

Does DBPoweramp ignore parantheses or brackets after album titles? I had two albums with the same name, but one had "(Instrumental Demos)" tacked onto the end, because the files were all instrumental. Each album had different artwork, but the Instrumental Demos version didn't show up in the album list. I selected the one without the suffix, and it automatically applied the artwork to both albums, which I didn't expect it to do. I wanted to keep the artwork for the instrumental demos different, as it was intended to have different artwork when it was released. Is it possible to select a file from the computer to apply to the other album? When I search for art for the instrumental album, it doesn't find it.

Also on an unrelated note, almost every time I try to apply album art, it says "error writing to file", yet my music player picks up the change just fine. I don't know what the issue is there.

Administrator

PerfectTunes would do this yes, it removes such from the end as it often gets in the way.

If the files are set to read only, then folder.jpg would still write, but the art would not embed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    PerfectTunes would do this yes, it removes such from the end as it often gets in the way.

If the files are set to read only, then folder.jpg would still write, but the art would not embed.

How would you suggest I name different masters/release so this doesn't happen

I name different releases like this:

What's Going On
    What's Going On (2008 MFSL)

Out of Our Heads
    Out of Our Heads (US)

Couldn't Stand The Weather
    Couldn't Stand The Weather (SACD 24-88) (2011 MFSL)

Fragile
    Fragile (DVD-audio 5.1 surround 24-96)
    Fragile (SACD 24-88) (2011 Japan Remaster)

Suggestion for Album Art: When you change the settings of image size you get an option to update any previously "Perfect Tuned" at a lower resolution. I PT'd all mine to 600x600 before realising the option for a large size. But changing to a larger size and re-running does not have teh expected effect of increasing the size to the max available.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dgs2001 View Post
    A request for perfect tunes
    Having just transcoded 7500 tracks, perfect tunes reports reports i have 119 inaccurate rips, this is ok i can dig the cd's out and re-rip them, however if I go to print the information text (so I have a list of the discs I need to find) it's coming out at 84 pages !!!
    It would be very handy to just create a list of the album titles/artists which contain the failed rips. Then I could print it out and gather those discs before returning to the PC and checking which tracks I need to re-rip.
    Might I suggest you get dbPoweramp reference edition and a good drive that supports accurate-rip well for your ripping?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smisk View Post
    Weird, now PgUp/PgDn/End/Home works... Focus was probably on something else when I tried it.
    There is definitely something fishy going on here. Now it doesn't work again, and the problem only comes in PerfectTunes (currently running dedup again).
    If i restart the program it will most likely work again, so something happens with this during execution. Maybe some variable doesn't get reset after listening to a track or so?

Administrator

Which program? just the dedup? try pressing tab, as if there is control which has focus, which should not, it would correct that.

Administrator

The album art program shows in complete albums, if you have 400K tracks, that might be 134K albums....if the album art is of sufficient quality it is left untouched.

>The album art I am seeing in the screen looks correct there where a couple that looked strange one was somebody apparently lowering a baby into a bath tub

As with any database there are always anomalies, if you remember the name of your album we can look it up.

Is it possible to choose a file from your computer to apply as album art if PerfectTunes can't find the correct art for the album in question?