title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Really pleased to find this product for checking rips on other ripping software

One thing that would be really useful is to be able to select ranges of folders. I have a very large library and so don't want to select it all at once but it seems like the only alternative is to select folders individually. Might it be possible to add functionality to select ranges of folders in a future update or is there a way to do this already?

Administrator

It is not possible to set ranges currently.

Thanks for confirming. Do you think you will add this in a future update?

Administrator

Possibly not, PerfectTunes is supposed to be as non techy as possible (dbpoweramp is all techy).

I have a 3tb folder of lossless music folders and i'm assuming i cant or shouldnt try to do that all at once so the alternative is to temporarily insert new subfolders to break it up but if i make a mistake in undoing it, i think i could have a disaster with my itunes library so the alternative i believe is to individually select files but that's quite tedious. Being able to select a range of files would save a great amount of time for users like me and doesnt seem that techy to me so i hope you reconsider sometime.

One other bit of feedback from using the software is i have found examples of where i have 2 versions of the same album even with slightly different track listings and a different name to distinguish the 2 versions, the software seems to think there is one album and identifies the number of tracks as the sum of the 2 versions of the albums and then says the album is incomplete. If i then go in and only grab one version of the album, that version is then confirmed as accurate. Perhaps a fix can be identified in this in the future.

Setting aside these 2 items, i remain really impressed by the software.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My beta period is expired. What I can do now to run perfectunes?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balma01 View Post
    My beta period is expired. What I can do now to run perfectunes?
    Install the fresh new beta version: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...082*post129082

I've just tried PerfectTUNES Album Art and have a few comments:

1) it should be able to run in folder per album mode - particularly where embedding artwork has been turned off. This will make it a lot quicker.
    2) There should be an option to Fix All without having to select and initiating the fix album by album. With a few 1000 albums in my collection there is no way I'd want to sit and manually fix every album - get the albumart and do whatever I've configured to be done.

Without option 2, PerfectTUNES is just a good idea with little chance of adoption by people not prepared to sit in front of the PC album by album to get artwork sorted - all you're doing at present is sourcing potentially better coverart - doing anything with it entails me having my ass glued to a seat in front of a PC.
    Last edited by egd; 01-11-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Administrator

The automatic fixes are there for albums with no art, or low resolution.

This looks great. A few initial thoughts:
    AccurateRip-
    I would like to be able to export a list of 'bad' files so I can go back and re-rip them.
    Copying the text/path on the screen is not currently possible. This should be doable at the very least.
    I would like to see a folder Icon that takes me to the folder of the corrupted file so I can check it myself. This would make it consistent with the other tools.
    When you determine 'corruption' is is possible to display what's actually wrong with it (maybe in an I section if you want to keep it clean) ie. BAD ID3v2 TAG or Lost Sync@

Album Art-
    I think you should consider removing (Disc *) from the search string.
    I've gotten much better results by removing that piece and it's extremely rare that different discs in a series have different covers.
    Here also to I'd like an option to Jump to folder.
    Here's my reason for that: not all of my albums are tagged as various artist for the album artist. As such, each track shows up as a separate entry in the cover art window, so I'd like to just jump to the folder and tag the group.
    Thinking about it, while trying to be simple, it might be valuable to be able to sort/group by album name vs by artist. This would allow folks to easily tag a group of songs in a compilation (that aren't marked as such).
    Fix album mode is well done. I didn't get any false covers.

De-dupe:
    Worked pretty well. Definitely was way easier for me to use than other de-dupers. seeing the album art was a HUGE plus.
    for one thing, and actually on ALL the tools, I'd like for space bar to page down the page (like a web page) (and shift+space to go up)
    Since all the items are displayed like a 'webpage' and space is a common convention, it would be user friendly to have it behave the same as a browser.
    Silly thing... with all the whitespace on the page, I found myself losing my mouse cursor. May be easier to use with a black background instead of white.

Quote Originally Posted by CiXel View Post
    This looks great. A few initial thoughts:

De-dupe:
    Silly thing... with all the whitespace on the page, I found myself losing my mouse cursor. May be easier to use with a black background instead of white.
    Heh... Looks like the cursor actually DOES disappear from time to time. It show up on the task bar, or above the window when I move off, but not on the main window. To bring it back I need to minimize and restore de-dupe and it magically comes back.

Not sure what I could provide to help troubleshoot for that. Ever seen this before?

Administrator

Only dedup shows this missing cursor?

So far on W7 64.
    Install fine
    Listening to library of 24k = 10 hours
    PC Studio XPS 7100 with 16g RAM
    iTunes (ripping) and dbpower amp and safari running
    fingerprintgenerator = norton alert = high cpu usage = 96% of one CPU
    Updates to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Only dedup shows this missing cursor?
    Yes. I've only had this occur while in de-dupe, but I've spent the most time there.
    It's not common, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CiXel View Post
    Yes. I've only had this occur while in de-dupe, but I've spent the most time there.
    It's not common, but it happens.
    Ah Ha. Figured it out.
    If you hit the space bar (like I try to do occasionally to scroll down the page like a mentioned previously) the mouse cursor disappears.